4 weeks later...

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I'm 4 weeks post anterior, posterior & SSF repair. First 2 weeks were absolutely awful, pain, depression, just generally awful. Things changed after 2 weeks, pain eased up and now am no longer on pain killers at all. Leg and buttock pain is totally gone. I've had a period and I'm now at the mucky discharge phase - and the soreness and itching from constantly wearing a pad is driving me mad! Anyone know how long it lasts?! When can I be pad free?!! Also anyone know when I can have a bath?

I think things a better but I do feel heavy down there when I go for a walk, I'm hoping that's normal? My bladder is not totally right either - I'll go for a wee, stand up to reach for a pad when I think I'm finished and suddenly a new unexpected stream will start out of no where! Anyone else experiencing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I seem very similar to you, I'm 5 weeks post op. Bleeding/discarge almost stopped thank goodness as the soreness has also drove me mad. I went to the docs last Friday and he gave me some caneston HC cream for the itching which I have to say has really helped, still can't wait to be pad free. 

I was told NO bath for 6 weeks! Any water up there before you have fully healed can cause infection so best to avoid (I am also missing a bath)!

i think another week on and you'll see more improvement. 

Does anyone further down the road to recovery know when this heavy feeling goes? Does feel similar to pre op but sure it's just from the swelling??

Good luck with rest if your recovery KJ1234

• Posted

Usually discharge ends around 6/8 weeks. Don't know about bath I have only got shower and really miss having a bath. It is best to do a pelvic floor hold and do a little walk after initial pee, then sit back down again and relax to empty properly or sometimes just slightly leaning forward works! Your ability to hold and empry properly should improve as the days go on through practising pelvic floor exercises! Hope this helps! My partner meant to be babysitting our grandchild tonight, found myself helping the wee one to change for bed , did my best not to lift him but he unintentionally leaned on me when trying to get feet into pj's and I had to bare some of his weight, really sore and doesn't feel quite right. Hoping it will sort itself overnight!

Phyllis

• Posted

I am 14.5 weeks post anterior repair.

I was very uncomfortable and felt that the repair had not worked but think everyone feels that for the first six-eight weeks while everything is healing up. Be careful how much cream you put on down there as I ended up with nasty ulcers and have only just gone back to work last week.

• Posted

Glad you've posted this, I'm 4 weeks posterior repair too, for the last few days really started to worry it's not worked vaginally feel better than before but back passage feels worse with bulge like feeling at the entrance, sore to sit and constant dragging. Been lucky with lots of help from my mum and mother in law so I've not overdone anything. Think everyone expects you to start feeling better though that's around you. I was told no bath until after 6 weeks too.
  • Posted

Thanks all for your replies - it really is reassuring to know that everything is 'normal'.  I am constantly worried its failed.  I had a stitch come out on tissue after going for a wee - now i'm worried did I wipe too hard or is it normal - am going to go with normal for now.  I am far more mobile now and have to keep reminding myself that I am still recovering and not to pick stuff up or overdo it!  I had a little explore the other day and freaked myself,  felt a hard lump inside and what felt like a stitch...I'm still hoping thats a swelling.   I have never felt so aware of my vagina all day! lol!   Good luck with all of your recoverys!

Kx

• Posted

Hi sorry I didn't reply before, yes think all sounds normal to me too. I have same probs with itching but find a hot flannel helps a little. As for bladder control, I too have lost control but think considering we have been so stretched open to do the surgery that is hardly surprising. I unfortunately have caught a severe bladder infection. I usually get some warning signs but this time nothing until I did go to tiolet for  a wee for most of day and then when I did boy did it hurt hardly any wee and blood in it. Realised hardly drunk anything as spent most of previous day resting as I had high temperature and very heavy feeling. So please make sure you keep your liquids up ladies. Got some tablets , drinking heaps to flush and on cranbeery supplement. Had huge sucess with my physio with bladder control before my op, so optismistic I can gain the control back. I am now in 4 week post op. See my spec on 5th April and physio on 7th. LOL - re comment about vagina, sadly true especially heavy feeling and throbbing. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.