4 weeks on cit 40mg and still feel no better

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered with emetophobia for years and it hasn't affected me as much as it is now.3 months ago I was on holiday and was eating mash potato.as I swallowed it,it went down wrong and came back up s bit and I thought I was going to be sick,this triggered massive anxiety to the extent now I can't eat,it's stuck in my brain that if I swallow it's going to happen again.im scared to death now of swallowing,I can drink liquids fine,but any food in my mouth it takes me ages to get the courage to swallow when I'm ready,I've basically lived on soup and protein drinks off the doctor.ive been on a councelling course and now starting CBT.since July I've gone from 10 mg citalopram then 20,then 30 now I've been on 40 for 4 weeks.i started doing a bit better and eating a bit more,then this week I had a meeting with occupational health in work as I'm on the sick.she basically did not understand a thing I'm going through and suggested I'm fit for work,this has made me back to rock bottom,I'm depressed and got no energy and feel like I don't want to do anything or go out. can occupational health overrule my sick note or my mental health psychologist.im so depressed and more anxious because of this woman,I'm constantly worrying now that she can make me go back to work.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I wouldnt think so as mh is not her speciality
  • Posted

OH can't over ride your doctors decision to sign you off work. Speak to your GP and if necessary they can write to the OH to explain. Try not to worry as it's the Drs decision

• Posted

I'm really confused at the moment,I went back to my GP and she said the oh can't overrule a GP,then I had a meeting in work with the people manager,and he said the oh can overrule my GP.i have a sick note until January and work have commented that oh can overrule this decision of my GP.i have also had a report off my mental health psychologist to give in to work,so hopefully this will help.

• Posted

I'd put in a formal complaint this is a terrible way for a company to behave id also contact citizens advice if ur in the uk. Treating an employee who has been signed un fit for work until jan in this was could b seen as harrasment

• Posted

Thanks for your advice,I think z visit to citizens advice would be a good idea
    • Posted

I work in Asda on the pizza and rotisserie counter
    • Posted

Well shame on asda for treating its staff that way id def put in a formal complaint u can call acas to there like cab but for employment seriously consider puting in a grievence in fact id call ur boss and ask for a copy of the sickness procedure the occ health procedure and the grievence procedure all to be sent out to u today that should scare them a bit
    • Posted

Pm me ur details if u like i'll help i am involved with the unioun at my work at quite often fight my company on the rights of staff i hate companies that treat staff badly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.