4 Weeks on Citalopram

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello All,

This is my 4th week on Citalopram 2 weeks of 20mg and 2 weeks on 40mg For the first time in a long time I am actually feeling good today. Not a lot of anxiety and mind is a little more clear. Still feel a little spaced out but it seems like that is only when I am thinking about it. I am actually smiling and joking with co workers today for the first time in a month. I also had blood drawn today and fingers crossed nothing comes back but I didnt even shake with anxiety as I usually do when they draw blood. I know a lot of people are still struggling but hopefully this message will give you some insight that though Cit does not work for all you have to give it time to work its magic. If you look at my old post you will see I almost gave up and was on the brink of thinking I was going crazy. Though I am not out of the woods yet I actually am looking forward to the weekend and maybe leaving the house. Godspeed to everyone and I will be staying on this forum as long as it takes to help people.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling better today Yadeed. You should hopefully have many more days like this. It can be a slow process on Cit but we get there in the end.
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed,

Great to hear that the citalopram is helping and making you feel better. It's not nice at all suffering from depression/anxiety and if the meds are working for you that's briliant, I hope you get the long term benefits of your meds you need to make a full recovery.

Best wishes, James.

• Posted

This is great news. Looks like you are on your way Hun. 
    • Posted

Well I thought it was great until I went home that night. The depersonalization is back. Of course I did a lot of reading up on it today and people have said they have had it for 20+ years and freaked me out even more. There is no way I can live with this feeling for that long. I am only hoping it goes away once the meds are fully in my system. It has been 2 weeks on 20mg and 2 weeks on the 40mg. The last month has felt like a entire dream and now I am afraid this will never go away even if the meds do fully kick in. I had never felt this before with Anxiety so it worries me. I know the underlying case is anxiety but I dont feel anxious so not sure what is happening.
    • Posted

You have forgotten all about your good day? 

That means that it is getting better. 

You can't expect to have all good days in the beginning Hun,you just have to be thankful that you are seing improvements. For a while you will have ok days and bad days,then good days and bad days. We tend to forget about the good ones when we have a bad day.

It will take time but you will get better. And a good day,4 weeks in on the mess is great going. For most people the good days don't start for far longer than that. Don't be scared. Just keep smiling and getting through each day. It will all fall into place xx

• Posted

Thanks for post, I hope you have more good days soon and less bad ones. 

I am 5 weeks in (1 week on 10mg and 4 weeks on 20mg) and am starting to have good hours (actually smiling) rather than days. I'm hoping the days come soon. II don't get the depersonalization thing that a lot of people say but I do get anxiety especially in the morning. 

And my insomnia seems to be getting worse which is a bit worrying. Anyhoo, keep us informed of how you get on, all the best smile x

• Posted

When I had my dosage increased from 20 to 40 mg I was exhausted by noon for three days with the rushes. Had to sleep through my lunch break to get through the rest of the day at work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.