4 weeks on citalopram

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hallo everyone this is my 1st post here ive been following the posts here for the past 4 weeks .. Im 29 years old taking cit 20 mg for anxiety and panik attacks. The 1st 2 weeks were like hell i had all the side affects every single 1 of them but they started to decrease at the week 3 and started to sleep better 9 hours everyday after only 4 in the 1st 2 weeks and now in week 4 i have only tingling in my head they come a little bit when i wake up ..my mood got much better and i start to feel the pill is kicking in .. I want to thank everyone on this site for the encouragment you were .. And to those who suffer at the biggenig please dont quit .. It worth it at the end trust me

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That’s wonderful to hear i agree first 2 weeks were torture. I am at end   of week 3 and still experiencing some anxiety and nausea have lost  5 kgs.  So your post is encouraging to me that maybe in another week my mood will improve and I can laugh again. I have always been such a joyful person and now I feel like eeyore the depressed donkey from Winnie the poo!!!  Love and blessings
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time and reply to me .. I hope your 4th week will be good as mine .. This week i started to go out and play football again which helped me alot .. Its very important to go out and do the things you like .. In the 1st weeks i was afraid to go out and see people and was anxious to be in a place where is so many people talking .. But from 3rd week things started to be easy i still have a little bit nausea in the morning but that is not a problem for me i can live with it ..
    • Posted

Yes the last 3 weeks I have had to make myself go out as I have been so tired from the drug. But I always feel better after a walk in the sun. I see my psychiatrist again in 4 weeks and if i need an increase from 20 to 30 I hope he will agree!! Was on 40mg a few years ago and felt fantastic!!
  • Posted

Glad to hear it's working for you! I agree, first couple of weeks were awful! I'm on week 12 now, have upped from 20mg to 30mg yesterday but have felt so much better compared to where I was. Stick with it and good luck with your journey x

• Posted

Glad it's working for you now and it's really reassuring to read. I'm 31 and just finished my first week and the side effects have been torture, reassuring to hear to stick with it. Good luck and hope everything continues to get better 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply .. In glad that you finished the 1st week i salut your will keep going it worth it at the end .. Just keep the postive thoughts and try to go out and do things you love . this helped me so much
  • Posted

That is great news, I’m on week 5 and like you people on here told me to persevere after week 1. I am forever grateful for those who gave me the courage to keep going. So happy to hear you are heading in the right direction x
    • Posted

Nicky, 

Did you have any ups and downs in week 4? I'm in week 4 and will be at 5 tomorrow, and over the past 3 days i've been struggling. In the middle of last week I felt really good and thought I was going to start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, but that has since changed. 

• Posted

Of course I had ups and downs and still do. I usually find my downs come at the weekend when I don’t have to go to work, so therefore I’ve nothing to aim for. As in get up get ready, working all day so my mind isn’t concentrating on how I feel. I guess the answer to that is simple and to keep busy on a weekend, but sometimes all I want to do is hide in my bed. You can only get better by helping yourself. 
  • Posted

Yes the side effects to go but I  SO tired on them.... anyone else ?
    • Posted

Yes the side effects have continued week 1&2 the worst. But they have lessened now after week 3. The worst was nausea no appetite, and increased anxiety. Only thing that helped was making myself walk a lot. Just  counting the days til the sun de effects vanish!!

• Posted

The side affects will vanish be strong .. It will be better i promise
    • Posted

That will go too, it's quite a stubborn side effect but eventually goes. I'm in week 6 and sleepy too which lessens in the evening. I've been on them before and remember it well.

• Posted

So true! First two weeks were awful then I has two good weeks and another awful week it took me to 7 weeks to really start to feel the difference, but so worth it!
    • Posted

funny you should ask that - I wondered if I was losing hair - not listed as a side effect tho.  I have been on 10mg for 5 weeks and now on 20mg.
    • Posted

Yeah ive had lots of hair loss but no change yet to anxiety...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.