4 weeks on citalopram

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hallo everyone this is my 1st post here ive been following the posts here for the past 4 weeks .. Im 29 years old taking cit 20 mg for anxiety and panik attacks. The 1st 2 weeks were like hell i had all the side affects every single 1 of them but they started to decrease at the week 3 and started to sleep better 9 hours everyday after only 4 in the 1st 2 weeks and now in week 4 i have only tingling in my head they come a little bit when i wake up ..my mood got much better and i start to feel the pill is kicking in .. I want to thank everyone on this site for the encouragment you were .. And to those who suffer at the biggenig please dont quit .. It worth it at the end trust me

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi tic-tac-toe, glad to hear you’re feeling better. It does work honestly, I was on 40mg for 14 years and coped well. I couldn’t drink without getting anxious but urged that good, the occasional bad day but who doesn’t.

Then I ran out of tablets and missed a week, my gp hasn’t checked up on me in years just did prescription online for me. So I kept forgetting and for four months most I ever had was 1/2 tablets a week. So sadly I relapsed a bit but back on them now and on week 4. Side effects have been awful but taking it day by day. 

This forum is so supportive x

• Posted

Good morning everyone today is my 4 weeks + 1 day .. Its 8 am and i just took my pill .. Today i woke up with a headache and tingling in my head .. I hope everyone have a good day
    • Posted

Good morning to you as well, hope you have an amazing day!! You are 3 days ahead of me I have been taking for 26 days!! Most of the side effects have passed and mood is slightly better but hoping for much more  in next 2 weeks or so. Keep us posted as to your progress x x
  • Posted

hallo everyone i hope you all are doing okay .today ia my 4th week +3 days .. Today i woke up without headache and tingeling in my head i hope it went away but i have problem in the past 3 or 4 days that i have to go to the toilete every 2 hours. Does anyone have this also?
  • Posted

hello evryone , my name is benni and i m 34 years old , about 2 months bk i start geting panic attacks so i decided to go see my gy had a chat with him ,and he decided to tri citalopram with me first 2 weeks was hell am on week 3 now bit better but cumes and gose up and down ,, i just wana to ask u lot dose 10mg work ,, i really dont know i started this medication for anxiety but is made me depressed some days i never had a prob with depression,, Help dose it get better or is better to stop them 😞😞😞🙏

• Posted

Hi Ben, for me personally I think it works. Like you I suffered with anxiety just before Christmas for no reason. I broke down and had to go see my gp, I started my course of 10mg cit and after 3 weeks I went back for a review. My go tried to up my dose to 20mf but I refused because I felt like I was coping in 10mg. I had learnt ways to cope with panic attacks. I am now coming into my 6th week tomorrow and still on 10mg. Majority of the time it is mind over matter and you have to preserve with these tablets. At times like you I do have rough days but then I look how far I’ve come and it’s nothing in comparison. You need to give these tablets time to work you are only in week 3. My advice is don’t let gps rule your life by giving you advice on upping your dose, if you are managing then stick with it, it does get better. However if your struggling then of course you need a higher dose. Everyone’s doses are different and how they react x
    • Posted

thanks you , i hope it will start helpin me , just woke up and feeling anxious what if it dont work, what if it makes me go crazy,, scared,,,, 😞😞 just thouts over my head anxity sucks... thats gd that you feelin better i m happy for u.. x

• Posted

Hello ben .. I had the same thoughts for like 3 weeks now i am on week 5 and i feel so much better .. All tbe major side effects have been gone .. I suggest you to stay positive and dont think if it work or not . if you keep thinking about it you will feel worse just live day by day .. You will feel better
    • Posted

I agree with titactoe, you have to let your thoughts flow as suppose to battling with them. You really aren’t going crazy I promise you that, if you have a look st my posts you will see that I went through the same as you. Take a day at a time, unfortunately you cannot rush recovery. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.