4 weeks post gall bladder surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had my gall bladder out 4 weeks ago everything went fine with the operation healed really well. The problem i have is that i dont feel like myself at all. I feel really down suffering from anxiety and horrible stomach churns that feel like butterflies just come over me struggle to get through the day sometimes any one else experience this .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had my gallbladder taken out 2 months ago and I have the churning stomach as well. It has eases a bit but still have it and it is uncomfortable. I keep a food diary to try to find out what could be triggering it. Hope it eases for you.

• Posted

hi there

i had my GB out almost 11 weeks ago at the end of september. surgery went smooth, my incisions healed up great. the only problem ive have now is nausea. it still has not went away. i have tried a bunch of home remdies, nothing worked. my GI doctor has me on Zofran and Phenagren which only works when it wants to. i recently found out i had a infection and was given antibiotics and the infection is gone now. while i was on that medicine, the nausea went away, the first day after i finished it, here comes the nausea again. and heartburn. and burping a lot.

my GI doc is now thinking about doing a endoscopy where they sedate you and stick a tube with a camera down your throat to see what they find. shes thinking ive developed acid reflux? i dont know.

i developed anxiety with this and i still have it. its not fun. Your mind is telling you to give up, but you know you cant even though you are tired.

im sorry you are going through the stomach issues and anxiety. i pray for everyone on this board including me that we will heal and get back to normal soon.

• Posted

sounds like your coming down on depression especially with anxiety, i said this because i went through this and still going through it, am still fighting to feeling like myself but its very hard, i had removal end of october of this year and i had this feeling in my tummy as well along with this like a sick and pukeky feeling especially after eating but i find it slowly calm down. my surgeon said it could take 6-12 months to feel normal again plus am suffering from bad acid reflux that i thought would of went away after i had the surgery done but it didnt so all of this made my anxiety worst than it was before and a matter of fact my gallbladder start up my anxiety and made me depressed. i really hope you feel better, dont give in to this feeling i wish i had known what this feeling was before it had gotten out of hand

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.