4 weeks post-op

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks post-op TKR and yesterday my physical therapist got my knee bent to 116 degree, which she say's is great!  Still having trouble straightening my knee but I'm faithful with doing my exercises at home and taking walks, weather permitting.  I do see an improvement, just taking pain meds before therapy, still using a cane and I'm now able to get in and out of the shower without to much difficulity. There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel!

4 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

You are doing good.  Don't get discouraged if you take a step backwards.....seems some of us do, but then continue to get better.  It's a slow journey.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done but as CanadianSharon said don't get disheartened if you get set backs. It seems that you are healing inside you feel like you are going backwards. I'm 8 weeks post op and this week my bend has been very limited. Was 120 at 4 weeks but I'm just trying to stay positive and hope, with exercise, it will come back again!!! As you will see from the forum a very slow and sometimes disappointing process but I'm told well worth it in the end!! 😉
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Provided you have no setbacks, looks as if you're gooing to get a good bend!  I'm still only 110 at twelve weeks, and beginning to think I'll get no further!  Well done!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Brilliant well done !
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Believe me it wasn't easy to get the 116 bend!  My surgeon did a great job and I'm sure I'll have some set backs but I'm determined to do my best with therapy and exercises.  As you said...it is a slow journey.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You sound as if you are doing very well.  I find that straightening is far worse than bending, but the consultants never seem to worry so much about that.  I'm still having probs now...

Keep up the good work!

Patsy

1st TKR Dec 2012 2nd TKR Sept 2014

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Great results after only four weeks.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That is brilliant, great to hear you are doing so well and making such progress. I am into my third week post op and from the actual op up to now, am so glad I had it done. I know everyone's experience is different, but I really wish I hadn't read the horror stories prior to having my new knee. Keep up with that hard work and continue going from strength to strength.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Well done I am 2 weeks post op physio got 80 degree bend hopefully I will be like you at 4 weeks 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am 6 weeks and 130, but still having trouble getting straight, 3degrees.,

u need to stretch and loosen your hamstrings. My opinion, it's the stretching that got me to 130. Now I will ramp up quad, calf, and hamstrings to get flat. Research it.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Have PT person show u stretches or find on internet.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up