4 Weeks post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi hope everyone is doing well. I'm now 4 weeks post op and from day 9 I have had to use a sitz bath to do a bm. Anyone else 4 weeks post op still using the sitz bath? I just find it too painful to go without sitting in hot water. I'm due back at work on 16th so don't want to still be using it then x I'm not constipated and my bm is soft so no idea why it's still so sore x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Well SM2, at one month I was still pretty sore and bleeding so, yeah. I didn't find the bath helpful for bms, I just toughed it out on the toilet. But, if it helps, you do what ya gotta do. 

I had 2 internal hms taken out and it's complete hoo-ee that you are ready to go in a week. Complete BS. Even at three weeks. My surgeon laughed at that idea. You'll see when you get to that date of your work and go from there. The body heals as it heals and needs the time to heal. 

• Posted

Thanks Happybum. I'm wondering though if it's normal to still need to sit in hot water to have a bm. I won't be able to do that in work. I'm wondering if something else might be going on x

• Posted

If you had it back would you go thru it again 
  • Posted

My surgery was Jan 26th and at 4 weeks I was still using sitz bath.

I also had to go back to surgery at 4 weeks because I developed stenosis( narrowing of the rectum) and I am still using sitz baths with bowel movements because it is less painful after 2nd surgery.  I have also developed 2 tears 2 weeks ago that start healing and getting better only to tearing again if bm’s get slightly firm .  My poor rectum has been through hell and I must say this was my 4th surgery in a year and I must say hemorrhoids are a real pain in the butt!  My first surgery a year ago was banding that failed which led up to this surgery in January.

I am supposed to go back to work Monday and like you I don’t know how I will make it without my sitz bath.  My doctor prescribed Rectagel which is a compound medication which he encourages me to use prior to urge to have BM to decrease discomfort.

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Oh that’s sound awful then if you had it back would you go thru it all again I’m just wondering is it worth going under the knife 
    • Posted

Thanks Kathy. It's stenosis that I'm worried about as I'm still in so much pain. Sorry tmi but my stools are long but flat one side of that makes any sense. Is that how yours were?

• Posted

I wish I could say no but there was no alternative with grade 4 hemorrhoids.
    • Posted

I hate to say so- but yes that is exactly how my stools were before I had to go back to surgery for dilation.

Best of luck to you- Hopefully yours is just due to swelling.

• Posted

Mine were narrower than usual but as time goes on, things are becoming more normal. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.