4 weeks post op and very uncomfortable

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 4 wks ago and feeling like I did before it wad removed. Not as much pain but really uncomfortable. Pain in my upper middle stomach around to my back. Feel a burning hungry feeling then eat to make it feel better then I feel sick because I ate. Nothing sounds good to eat. Fruit and vegetables make my stomach hurt to think about it even though I love them. Everything either makes me feel bad or hurts my stomach to eat. Not losing weight though. I'm sure from not feeling like I can do anything and because even though it makes me sick I eat due to my stomach aching like I need to eat. Trying to be patient but I'm really hoping this isn't how things are going to be now.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that temi. Hopefully your body is still adjusting and it will work itself out. I too worry about having surgery and if it will really help me or not. I'm three days Post op and really scared to eat much. I still have bloating and gas pains and have loose stools today. I hear a lot people bounce back pretty fast but I don't think I'll be one of them. My stomach does feel weird and I do have burning pain in my back. I'm hoping it's just trapped gas.

Keep me posted on your recovery.

• Posted

Did you have stones temi?
    • Posted

Hi Rachel. I did have stones yes. Think positive. It's only been three days. I was really sore for about 4 days and then like overnight the pain from surgery disappeared . I am trying to think positive and be patient but it's hard not to be disappointed. The reason I put off having my gallbladder out was because I was worried that I would still have the same problems after it was out. Now I'm trying to decide if I should wait it out a couple more weeks or see a dr.

Best wishes Rachel. Rest up. You'll probably feel pretty tired for another week or so. Don't try to do too much too early. Thanks for your response. Let us know how you're doing!

• Posted

Most people have few problems and resume their lives with little disruption. The rest of us are at the mercy of time.

It's probably going to take a while for your body to adjust. Be sure to eat and drink. I didn't and it got me in trouble.

Good luck.

• Posted

How did not eating and drinking get you in trouble Nancy? Just curious. I'm finding I don't have much of an appetite.

• Posted

I was so nausated and felt so bad (like I had the flu). Food of any sort was so unappealing. Over time I just got weaker and weaker. Finally I got so I couldn't even stand up in the shower and had to get a stool. I could hardly write my name. I stayed in the bed month after month and didn't get enough liquid either. Finally I was put in the hospital with dehydration. There I was put on an appetite enhancer which helped. Very slowly I began to eat. That was about 10 months ago.

Not eating or drinking enough to stay hydrated (8 glasses of water a day) made everything worse. When you felt as bad as I did, you can't think. I knew better, but wasn't able to help myself.

My diagnosis is bile, atypical reflux and gastritis.

You are early in this. It takes time to heal- just don't make the mistakes I did.

Take care....

• Posted

Hi Nancy. I'm trying to drink more water. I've always had a hard time drinking enough fluid. It's a good day if I remember to drink 16 oz a day. I do drink coffee thoughsad but I do know that I need more water.

• Posted

Hi temi, it does take time and don't forget you've had major surgery. Removing an organ your body take a while to adjust and even when the incisions on the outside have healed there's alot more healing that needs to go on in the inside. 

With food just do what you did before eat little and often and stick to plain food. It really is early days and I know its frustrating but you need to give it time and yes be patient. Your body needs to do alot of healing and adjusting.

Keep me updated. Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.