4 weeks Sunday since increase to 20mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

As per my title it has been nearly a month since I increased my dose to 20mg, I had planned on totally quitting drinking but I let myself down as after 2 weeks I had quite a few drinks and did so on 3 occasions the most recent being saturday night just gone.

The feelings when drinking seem to be pressure headache increased and slight pain in my temples, just feeling like my head is swollen or something it is hard to explain all of this tightness around my whole head, I have had this quite a while but it seems to be worse if I consume alcohol.

I was on 10mg for a few mths before increasing and I have never had this, I also feel at times my anxiety is a lot worse, last night I felt completely anxious, I am actually wondering are these tabs just not working on me.

I could really do with some advice please,

I do not plan on drinking again but by drinking did I mess it all up, I have no idea.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jenny, I went on Citi because I drank a lot and the Dr said I was depressed so put me on this.and it helped a lot. So I never drank while I was on it, didn't even want to. On this sight I've read how people black out and other things I didn't want to go through that. Last Aug I went on sertraline for 4 months and didn't drink, then switched to Wellbutrin, hoping that sex would start working better for me, that was terrible. Stopped after 2 weeks, terrible. Held off drinking for a bit, and then, yep started. Went on citi in Jan and yep I know better than the Drs( not) I stopped taking it after 4 months( didn't drink ) wenr3 months without drinking, but was thinking about it! Well let's just say I just started back on it. This time they put me on Escitalapram. And really hope I learned my lesson. I feel so much better when I don't drink. I cant answer with the headaches and drinking, but I would think that could be the cause.good luck.
    • Posted

Thank you beth, it is not worth it, I'm just worried now that the antidepressant will not work at all for me because I drank on them a few times, maybe my over thinking is on overdrive, I'm just worried.
    • Posted

I would think now u are back on track it should clear up, If not visit the Dr. I know it's not fun, but hang in there! Stay Strong!🌻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.