4 weeks weird side effects help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ive been on 20mg fluoxetine for 4 weeks n anxiety attacks kicking in bad 😦 head feels stuffy, ears feel full, neck n right arm pain, light headness n constant heartburn 😦

Please tell me its part of side effects.. Will it get better or should i just give up 😦

Anyone else had any of these

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like it. I've had some of the same. I started January switching from long time with Celexa. I never had any side effects with Celexa but no feelings. Decided to switch and I've had some tough times with it. It takes quite a while and like I hear so often with alot of people, feel worse before better. Each person's different and many feel better in a few days and some weeks. For me, it's been months. I take a seizure med to which may also be my problem with Interactions. Keep track daily and keep your mind busy with coloring, exercising, meditation, water. Sorry to hear but I understand. Prayer's for this group daily.

• Posted

Can I ask you why you take siezure medicine? Do you actually have siezures?
    • Posted

I was in an accident 4 years ago. 10 feet to a concrete floor to my head. TBI, Traumatic Brain injury. Seizure's started a few months later.

• Posted

I've not had one now for 2.5 year's

• Posted

Oh okay I see. Yeah my brother has siezures. And ever since I've seen him have them I'm terrified it could happen to me but his was either from football or puberty. Not sure

• Posted

He probably had a concussion? Definitely puts him in the more probable category for having seizures. Is he on a medication?
    • Posted

Yes. He's been on many meds and finally ok the right one. Haven't had a siezure for a year or so. Finally got his lisence as well. So that's good. Things are looking up. They were tough for awhile. Some of the meds caused the siezures or the changing of the meds but things are great now

• Posted

Excellent. No fun taking any med's but sometimes necessary. I started with Keppra than changed to Tegretol which I'm finding has been a trial with Interactions. Makes me not the best example for fluoxetine but alot of people here and also alot of information on the web. One things for sure is its different for each person. Hope you and all get back to a comfortable normal.

• Posted

I was also on Zoloft 20 years ago before switching to Celexa and now Fluoxetine . I remember not having any side effects with the Zoloft or Celexa. Just for me the Zoloft wore out and the Celexa was interacting with my other med's. There are others out there. My psychiatrist thought this was right for me. Not sure I'll ever agree with doctors med's prescribed again. Thats just me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.