40mg struggle

Posted , 7 users are following.

I know I've been through this before but it does'nt make the struggle any easier, the feeling of apathy, no energy, dark thoughts of impending death on a daily basis, scarey. Foggy headed, lethargic blah blah blah, why does it take so long to work???? Im trying to motivate myself to get off my butt and go a wander on the shore, some fresh air in the lungs. But I can't be bothered. Thankfully I have no work at the moment because I just would not do it. Oh dear, what a life huh....

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

wow, david, i feel so bad for you--i have suffered with depression off/on for 40 years, but never felt that bad!--i am wondering if u go off your meds? just seems as if this should be under control and stayed under control! yes, serious, sad and scarey!
    • Posted

Thanks Rosie for your comments, at the end of the day I know things will gradually improve in time, and once again I will feel that life is worth living. It is the time period between now and then that is the problem, unfortunately it is just the way with Fluoxetine, it takes time, and the days drag by. It is reassuring reading other peoples struggles and then their joy at finding they have a "normal" life back again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.