40mgs

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all, as I said before I am quite happy putting forward my daily thoughts and feelings as I wait for the Fluoxetine to work its magic, despite a few negative comments made by somebody who is already feeling the benefits, so, rant over, todays observation would be that the biggest single side effect that does not come and go, is a feeling of being stoned almost, lightheaded, away with the fairies type thing! funnily enough, it is not that unpleasant in a weird way...... stay well everybody smile

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ha! I know exactly what you mean, David.  Feeling stoned is ok if you're relaxing, but bloody annoying if you're trying to concentrated, ie at work! Do you have 'wobbly' moments too, per chance? I'm on week 16 and I have just two episodes, whilst walking a fair distance actually, where I've felt wobbly on my feet as well as a bit stoned! It worried my son the other day.

Anne smile

• Posted

Hi Anne, haha just picturing droves of people country wide staggering about as if stoned! Pardon my "humour" if you will. Yes I too have had an odd wobbly moment, caught me quite by surprise, I find it really difficult to concentrate at times, my mind wanders off, all by itself, quite a task catching up with it cheesygrin tomorrow is a day nearer the light at the end of the tunnel....
    • Posted

Ha! Yes, I get those weird confusing moments too, quasi-Alzheimer's effect... scary. 

On a cheerier note, I've got back with my ex recently, and my libido appears undiminished - nice surprise!

Anne smile

• Posted

yes david, now well said by you-is easy for someone reaping the benefits to judge us who are still struggling! we do not need negativity and ridicule, but support, which is what i thought this site was fro!  there is my 'rant' for the day~--am wondering what dosage u r on and how long have u been on it!?  ty
    • Posted

Hiya Rosie, yes support and well intentioned advice is what it's all about, we all have our own mechanism for coping in times of undue stress or worry, some people may have a cigarette, others a glass of wine, so what? Weather permitting I put my leathers on and go for a ride on my motorbike, that is like a drug to me, blows the cobwebs away. I'm on 40mgs, and I'm around the 5 week mark, without looking at the calendar I can't be exact, sorry. biggrin

m

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.