45mg mirtaziphine withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Were do I start?? Decided to come of as they wasn't helping me anymore, gaind 4 stone & feel a mess!!.. Dr told me to only stay on them for 6 month however I'm sure it's been 2 yr.. I've been left in limbo.. Have 2 teenagers & a single mum.. Started a complementary therapy course that I couldn't finish due to my symptoms being erratic, so now I'm hoping I will feel better & more focused on my day to day activities, they are a sedative & hoed me sleep through a tough time.. However continue use to me has made me worse.. sad I'm trying my hardest to keep focused on the future instead of feeling numb & constantly wanting to sleep.. So the Dr put me on 30 mg to take for 2 week then going down to 15mg for another 2 week then take one very other day for 2 week.. So this Sunday 11 March 2015 I stop.. The symptoms of coming of them have been unbearable, panic attaks, brain seizures, clenched jaw, muscles tensed up in agony.. Dry mouth nausea can't eat can't sleep, sweating, concentration like a goldfish.. Omg will it stop??? I keep panicking thinking I'll be permanently like this 😂😭😤😫🙈

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ears keep ringing too I really feel like I'm going insane!!!! I just want to hibernate till its out of my system!! Having teenagers is adding to the stress.. Cos I don't want them thinking their mum is crazy 😭
  • Posted

Doctor is having you taper WAY too fast.....Drop down a dose and stay there until you fell stable. The real reccommendation is to get down to 15 ro even 7.5 by halfing the 15s, then drop one dose a week. Do that until you are stabel, then drop 2 doses a week, not consecutively, stay until stable, then 3, etc....take as long as you need.
    • Posted

Hi kathy

Thanks for your reply.. I really do feel ill at the moment I'm taking 1 15mg every other day, I missed 1 last night & couldn't sleep been in agony as I feel like I'm having 1 big seizure, shivers & jaw clenching.. I phoned my Dr & will be having a telephone consultation in the morning.. Im at a loss as u can't stomach anything & just want to curl up till it passes

• Posted

Get yourself stablized first. You are going way too fast. Stay on the 15 daily until you feel better on it. Don't skip a dose so quickly. That's only inviting horrific problems. This drug is one of the hardest to get off of. So don't go fast.....Go back to where you felt better and start slower. WAY slower.
    • Posted

I'm only going off what the Dr told me to do sad

Thanks for helping me as I feel so alone & in despair right now

• Posted

Will keep you updated on what they suggest on my telephone consultation..

Thanks again there is hope !!

• Posted

I'm so tense I'm in agony.. Should I take 1 15mg now?? Not due until tonight but want this pain to go away, I've had 2 hours sleep.. & felt seizures all night & day

• Posted

Hi Jellbell

Sounds like you have come off them too quickly.........I am coming off at the moment and am doing the gradual tapering method.

With this, you swap 1 nights 30mg tablet with a 15 mgs tablet on the first week, 2 nights  30mg tablets for 15mgs  on the 2nd week (not on consecutive nights) 3 nights on the 3rd week and so on, so you come off 30mgs and down to 15mgs completely over a period of 7 weeks.

Then you do the same thing with the 15 mgs tablets ie miss out one nights tablet completely on the first week, 2 nights on the 2nd week, 3 on the 3rd etc (not on consecutive nights). So a further 7 weeks tapering.

As this is all a bit hard to remember, especially at bedtime! I wrote all the tabs I should take on which nights in my diary. Its good to keep a record of how you are feeling too.

And of course if you struggle with it at any point, all just ease back for a couple of days.

It has taken me 10 weeks so far and Im down to five 15 mgs tabs per week..................!!

• Posted

Than you all.. I'm going to take 15mg now to help me relax & a sleep

Will keep u updated smile

• Posted

Than you all.. I'm going to take 15mg now to help me relax & a sleep

Will keep u updated smile

• Posted

I'm doing same as jane96525, dropping 30 to 15 one night a week, then will go to 2 nights a week when stable and so on. The only effect I've noticed so far is that I don't sleep so long the night I take the 15, wake up 6ish but I can cope with that one day a week. Psychiatrist did warn me that sometimes the depression/anxiety comes back and the symptoms are mistaken as withdrawal symptoms. Will you need to take something else instead?
  • Posted

I recently went off of 15mg cold turkey, the Doctors don't warn you of the consequences. I am still going through similar symptoms for a couple of weeks now and I can say that I am starting to get better. There will be days (like today for me) where things don't seem to get much better. But just remember it's the chemicals I still have a hard time convincing myself it's not forever but it really isn't. Try to relax as much as possible and just take it easy for awhile. 
    • Posted

The Dr didn't give me what to expect coming of these.. & judging from the tapering coming off them that was wrong too!!!! Coming on here as helped me so much

Thanks again, I'm now having a cup of tea &15mg & hoping to sleep & wake up better

• Posted

Most doctors do not acknowledge there is a horrible withdrawal to these drugs, so they just taper you off quickly and you are left feeling horrible for months on end.
  • Posted

Stay with it will get better took me about 2-3 weeks after i stiopped taking it from 30 mg a day. Its far easier than coming off benzodiazapines or alcohol.

from 15 i would suggest

first 3 weeks  1 ½ 1 ½ 1 ½ 1,  ½ 1 ½ 1 ½ 1 ½,  1 ½ ½ 1 ½ ½ ½

last 2 weeks  ½ 0 ½ 0 ½ 0 ½,  0 ½ 0 ½ 0 ½ 0

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.