45mg mirtaziphine withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Were do I start?? Decided to come of as they wasn't helping me anymore, gaind 4 stone & feel a mess!!.. Dr told me to only stay on them for 6 month however I'm sure it's been 2 yr.. I've been left in limbo.. Have 2 teenagers & a single mum.. Started a complementary therapy course that I couldn't finish due to my symptoms being erratic, so now I'm hoping I will feel better & more focused on my day to day activities, they are a sedative & hoed me sleep through a tough time.. However continue use to me has made me worse.. sad I'm trying my hardest to keep focused on the future instead of feeling numb & constantly wanting to sleep.. So the Dr put me on 30 mg to take for 2 week then going down to 15mg for another 2 week then take one very other day for 2 week.. So this Sunday 11 March 2015 I stop.. The symptoms of coming of them have been unbearable, panic attaks, brain seizures, clenched jaw, muscles tensed up in agony.. Dry mouth nausea can't eat can't sleep, sweating, concentration like a goldfish.. Omg will it stop??? I keep panicking thinking I'll be permanently like this 😂😭😤😫🙈

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all quick update I've been taking 15mg every night instead of every other night.. I should be totally off them today through tapering off from my dr.. However as discussed that way made me ill !!

So I'm going to have 1/2 tonight 15 mg Monday keep rotating it.. Until I feel level

Will be making a Dr app this week, they didn't phone me bk as I mentioned in earlier posts grrrrr

Anyway thanks all for your advice much appreciated!! 😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The CITA protocol suggests dropping a dose a week. So the first week, you drop one dose, 2nd week, 2 doses, though not consecutively, 3rd week, 3 doses, not consecutively, etc. You can go slower if you wish.This way has been shown to have the least WD, although you may have some rough patches, for sure. This way, your body is adjusting to no mirt. Going 1 the 1/2 keeps your body needing the drug and not adjusting. Hope that helps.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

no, take 15 every night for 6 nights, then take 7.5 for one night, 2nd week, take 15 for 5 nights, then 2 nights of 7.5, not 2 nights in a row, though, you want to space them....continue this until you are at 7.5 every night, then start reducing the 7.5 the same way, but taking NONE one night of the week, etc...confused
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up