49 and emotionals and anxious tummy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am new (((waves)))

I am 49 and periods all over the place. I have ME and Fibro along with chronic migraines and very chemical sensitive.

I need some help to stop me feeling so emotional and having a butterfly feeling in the tummy.

Was considering vit b6 but heard some stories of panic attacks and I have had these in the past so not sure. Wondered if I took vit b6 slow relase if this would be less like to have a effect? Or take it in a multi vit  but then the strength may it be enough?

Also taking bach willow and about to buy some Scleranthus.

any advice would really be appreciated, being so drug sensitive is a nightmare 😃

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sky-Summer, I can sympathise, I also have M.E and am chemical/drug/everything sensitivity. Its a total nightmare. There are so many things I could probably take that would help but I just cant tolerate hardly anything. I honestly dont know about the vitamin B6 I havent tried it myself. I am finding that helping and supporting my liver is helping, I am taking a supplement that contains lots of nutrients but in small quantities. I think alot of ME symptoms are to do with poor liver detoxification so of course menopause will be a nightmare as liver controls hormones. I spray magnesium oil ...just three or four sprays before bed to calm me down. I also have those tummy sensations. What I would do is just introduce the B6 very very slowly, less is best with ME ...we need smaller amounts of things...maybe you could try chopping a tablet in half to start with gage your reactions ? Thats what I was always told .. introduce things at low dose and work up so slowly that your body doesnt notice too much. Sorry i cant help you more...just wanted to let you know that I totally understand ...ME is just a nightmare ...wishing you luck x 
    • Posted

May I ask has the supplement helped with anxiety? may I ask what it is? 

I get the butterflies anxiety thing in my tummy followed by feeling emotional and that can lead to tears. It can last a 30 secs to half hr or longer. Its horrible as I keep thinking in my head when will it happen again and it's constently on my mind. It's these symthoms I am finding the hardest to deal with, it's horrible. You take care.

• Posted

Hi Sky-Summer, no the liver supplement hasnt really done much for anxiety, it just helps me to deal with the M.E. I struggle with anxiety myself and cant take medications. Just having to put up with at the moment. YOu have my sympathies and I hope someone on here can offer you a suggestion that will work well x
  • Posted

Hi Sky, do hope you're feeling ok. I'm 55, had & having all sorts of horrible scary peri symptoms...list seem never ending LoL 😔 I've tried magnesium, multi B vitamins & Harmony which are herbal menopause relief tablets(I'm in Oz, there are other herbal tablets if you can't these)maybe these might be helpful for you...ask your Dr, the other lovely ladies here are very helpful in offering good advice/suggestions with lots of caring support. At the moment Im doing it all natural as I'm sensitive to what I take plus I'm on BP meds so that can restrict what I can take. Because of family history HRT is out. Chamomile tea is relaxing & for digestive upsets Slippery Elm Powder which is made with warm milk & honey...also relaxing & soothing for the entire digestive tract. Also St Johns Wort, ginger, valerian, lavender, is there a naturopath or herbalist you can see?. Hope you find something that gives you relief, all the best Sky,  take care. You're in good hands here 😊
  • Posted

Hi Sky-summer

I am in the same boat you are I am really sensitive to medications too. I had to stop my Zoloft because of palpitations, diarrhea, cramping, stomach pain, I was at my ends roap this weekend crying and screaming because of the palpitations. I asked my nurse who works with my doctor to order a small dose of natural progesterone 50 mgs. I know the regular dose is 100 to 200 mgs and up but a little dose like 50mgs won't bother me. I took my first one last night was a little anxious because I don't know how it would effect me, I started to calm down after a while or so and then around 10 I took my ativan for anxieties. 

I would talk to you doctor before getting anything over the counter due to your sensitivity and anxieties. You do not want to get anything that makes you sick. 

Just hang in there there is something out there for you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.