4am still awake! X

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wow this insomnia is a b***h x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Agreed. I was warned my new meds would knock me out so I must take them at bedtime. Days 1 and 2, half a tablet and I was asleep. Day 3, nothing. 7 weeks on, the meds certainly affect my sleep - by keeping me awake and by keeping my brain whizzing while I sleep so I'm mentally exhausted every morning. It was 6 am the other day - my husband got up as I went to sleep lol.

I don't have a problem with it. I decided decades back that the more I fretted the worse it was so I go with the flow, read and read and just don't let my head go into frustration-mode.

• Posted

I did that n bits round the hse ive been putting off. Not been to sleep yet but know ill sleep ok tonite now xxx comes with the new med territory plus insomnias my M.O. xxxx
    • Posted

It's a bu**er tho when you've got a day to get through. I have to say I'm impressed with the chores. I wouldn't dream of that. Once I'm cosied up, nothing will shift me! Hope you sleep tonight.

Btw do you practise any relaxation exercise? 20 minutes of deep relaxation apparently is as healing as several hours of sleep and you can do it any time.

• Posted

Just started a mindfullness course last week to learn all abt it xx ill prob slp tonite usually do after a nyt with none xx i have to get up n do sumthing as my anx becomes too high and i get restless then xx
    • Posted

That's great Amanda. Mindful breathing is really good for sleep (why didn't I think of it the other night?). I recommended a course on here and the first reaction was scorn which was sad - but it was followed by an apology which was nice. My problem is that I haven't practised it enough to get it into my daily life. Maybe I better repeat the course, sigh.

• Posted

Well i kp kp getting emails from the local carers ctr as im a carer so things had been so c**p i thought do i know if it will work no. But its an hr a week of my time xxx so im givin everything a go to fight this xx
  • Posted

are you taking srri's later on in the day or any other antidepressant then because they will stop you sleeping. I have been an insomniac since i was about six and when I had therapy despite being against drugs they prescribed mogadon ( which no longer works for me but was brilliant in its day. Almost all the patients had sleepers, which they took ongoing despite the doctors idiotic rule that you only take them short term ( I mean is the insomnia going to go after the first lot of sleepers have run out? ridiculous!!), 

Meds aside ( which I always take in the form or lorazipam 2.5( and a half) and buono notte herbals drops also) there are natural substances which can cure or at least help you get over insomnia, one is vitamin B3 or NIacin, you start off with low doses until you get a hot red flush then you dont increase the amount until it ceases to happen and you keep doing that letting your body get used to every increasing amounts until you find a level that suits you. It also is said to cure depression by lay peole and doctors who have prescribed it for yeas for heart problems.

• Posted

Insomnia has to be one of the worst aspects of anxiety! It just feeds into the cycle of never feeling well. I'm trying .5-1 mg of Ativan before bedtime and it's doing a good job of giving me at least 5-6 hours hours of sleep.

• Posted

Hi hun duno if we can get ativan without prescription?? But glad ur getting some sleep xxx ♡
    • Posted

You're correct, Ativan is a prescription drug that I have for anxiety. A doctor should prescribe you a sleep aid to help you get through these insomniac nights, perhaps even Ambien. Going to the Rx drug route however it's hard because they can become addictive. When not suffering from anxiety, I rely on 5 mgs of melatonin, and over-the-counter supplement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.