4th day on mirt.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Is it normal to be drowsy eyed after 4 days on mirt?.. Also took my tab at 8 last night but didn't sleep for ages then it was off and on. Will drowsiness get worse.? Don't see doc until nxt week when mirt to go up to 30 mg.!!..

0 likes, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cathy

i found it helped me to sleep, but did nothing for my mood during the day.  They tried me on a low dose of Sertraline as we'll for 6 weeks, which didn't work out as I became highly agitated - it's the same family as fluoxetine and is supposed to "pep" you up.  I've now been taken off it altogether - the doctor thinks the psychiatrist was a Bt ambitious taking me from 45 mg to zero in a week.  It's certainly affected my sleep pattern and I'm now on another antidepressant.  Sometimes, I thnk I would be better not to take anything because this is the 4t attempt to find something and so far nothing's worked and I've got a few side effects - anxiety, palpitations, a rash all over my back and forehead, etc

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi  i have just been put on mirtazapine 3 days ago 15mg. i have been on seroxat for 5 years however it was starting to fail me im finding this new drug hard at moment as tired not sleeping well at all   feeling dizzy, dry mouth, today is worse is this normal .

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello cathy  i have been on mirt now  for over a week im due to see my doctor tmr, i would say im not sleeping any better yet i have nightmares also im only on 15mg just now, I was taken of seroxat too quickly so still suffering side effects from that of light headed,dizzy most of the day i just want it too stop today i couldnt stop crying for no reason at all i kept welling up i am in hope he will give me some answers tmr i  only hope yu start to feel better soon . Ross
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up