5 days post op knee replacement

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi, I have just found this group, and this forum. I am 50 years old & 5 days full knee replacement post op. I ended up having an epidural & GA and then severe sickness reaction for the first 24 hours afterwards. I still came home on day 3.  I am in severe pain, and can't seem to get into a comfortable position, particularly at night. It's like a really bad dead leg/lock pain, that I cannot shift. The bruising is coming out now too.  How long is this likely to last please??!! I am using ice packs, and taking paracetamol, ibruprofen, and codeine (& anti sickness tablets cos of the horrendous time I have had). I am doing my exercises, walking regularly with the crutches, but am now also shattered due to the lack of sleep!! Is there anything else I can do to possibly help, even just a little! Thanks

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

A shower at 5 days post TKR?? Show off lol 😁

Continue being kind to yourself, and keep in touch xx

• Posted

Wow, you need to slow down a little this early in the piece.  Also sounds like you need some better pain relief.  I am 5 weeks post-op today & have only just finished the slow release endone pain relief which I took morning & night.  Wonderful.  To exercise properly you need good pain relief.  See your doctor & discuss your options.  I had both mine done & the pain was managed really well which enabled me to exercise easily.  So important.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.