5 months follow up with LTKR

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my 5 month followup today with my surgeon. He was very pleased with progress examined the knee and said come back in 2 years. I'm really pleased about that however I had a few questions and he gave me the answers. Left side of knee is numb he said this will come back in time could take 2 years as he cut through ligaments. Knee still bit sore especially climbing stairs. He said recovery takes 6 to 12 months. I can swim Breast Stroke he said will strengthen joint. I can go to gym and do upper body exercises, bike eliptical strider but no treadmill, Never thought I'd see this day. So gives hope to all of our new TKR people on here. 😊

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm 2 years post op and my R TKR is still numb to the touch on the outside of my right knee... and the only time my knee bothers me is if I get to much sun on it, went to the lake and floated for about 3 hours, it was very sore ... also if I use a tanning bed it will feel real tight after wards ?

• Posted

Lead he did say feeling won't come back for 2 years or more so hang in there. I recently had A sun beach holiday and used Factor 50 on my scar. I had no problem except for overall heat it was 36 des, Maybe the sun/heat doesn't bode well with titanium.. X All good otherwise 😎

• Posted

Leah not Lead, predictive text 😮

• Posted

Brilliant ! Thanks for the encouragement. When you say breast stroke are you using a frog kick ? I had a feeling I had read somewhere not to do that but am very happy to see you doing it as is my go to stoke smile

• Posted

Yes it is encouraging. I queried it on this Forum bout breaststroke some months ago and was led to believe it was a no no that's why I asked my surgeon today. Yes breaststroke with frog kick he saud be good for strengthening the joint, let's get swimmig! ! I spent 2 weeks in Spain swimming with one leg kick. If only I had known. 😂

• Posted

That sounds hilarious !! Were you going round in circles smile

I was meant to be out in Fiji for 6 weeks in 3 weeks time working but have decided not to - the idea of the warm water and warm climate is hard to deny but I can wait.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.