5 months on citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on citalopram 10mg for 5 months. I can say I am better from what I was. I never want to go back there again. But that's what I'm constantly afraid of. Still have anxiety and low mood. Constantly thinking about my anxiety. But when I keep myself busy I'm ok. I can't keep myself busy 24/7. I want to be that happy girl again. I am back to working and hanging out with friends. But it's still.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Far be it for me to say really but maby you need to go to 20. It's a very common dose.

Ter

• Posted

Yea your right. My prescriber had wanted me to increase but I was afraid too. I'm in denial about my condition. I keep telling myself I can do it without meds. But it's getting harder and harder

• Posted

I might have felt slightly nauseous for a couple day but nothing big.
    • Posted

Yes, I was started on 10mg then went to 20mg and that was with the little nausea for a,couple days. I felt no side effects going to 30mg
    • Posted

I had anxiety at 10mg and was prescribed Ativan that did not work well for me. I had 2 anxiety attacks that sent me to the hospital with a,very high heart rate.

I was upped to 20mg and one 5mg of Clonaxepam a day. Since then I have been pretty awesome. They upped me to 30mg but are not going to increase it anymore.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.