5 months on esmya

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi after taking esmya for months,no periods,im feeling sick,the doctor tested my urine and it came out postive but my homones were high,they did ultrasound and nothing is showing,they said maybe it's a pregnancy outside the uterus,can I get pregnant without having my period from the time I stopped taking esmya? ,the fibroids,reduced just a bit,and it's difficult for the doctor to see if theres somethings growing inside, because of fibroids,my abdomen hurts and my back,and why are the homones high,?and tomorrow again they are doing another blood test to see if it's a normal pregnancy or not,is there anyone who could give me words of hope,?im confused I don't know what to think,

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Virginia

Have you taken protection? My consultant suggested I used contraception on Esyma.

I know it thickens your lining so more likely to get pregnant.

Have you done a pregnancy test?

Could it be the side effects of coming off Esyma?

Hope you find your answers soon.

J

• Posted

hi Virginia, Firstly try not to worry to much. Esmya does mess with your hormones, so this could be giving false readings. I am 37 and completed 2 courses of Esmya, once off them I feel my fibroids have grown and i to have back pain and can feel the fibroid lumps in my stomach. It does say you should not try to get pregnaut while on esmya, but my thinking was it was not possible as the drug in the esmya is the same as the morning after pill. 
  • Posted

Hallo Virginia 37.

What were the blood test results? I have just finished taking esmya 4 days ago so still waiting for my periods.

My doctor had told me one cannot get pregnant while taking esmya but then again God works in mysterious ways.

I hope all went well at the doctors.

• Posted

hi dear it's a big miracles for me,im 5 weeks pregnant,it's not about science but strong faith I have in God,I still have the fibroids,but I know I will deliver safely,yes all went well ,but I will be going to the gynaecologist every week to check on the baby,im so grateful to God
  • Posted

Wooow Virginia 37 congratulations. God is good and Faithful. That really is a miracle. Praying for a miracle myself. I know with faith all will be OK with your pregnancy. I wish you all the best dear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.