5 months post TAR

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm coming up on 5 months post op from total ankle replacement.During this recovery period, I have experienced a very tight and sore achilles almost all 5 months and a peroneus tendon that has been very sore for about 2 months. Over the past few days my ankle has reverted back to its pre-surgery state, pain-wise. Adding onto the above mentioned pains, the left side of the ankle has been very sore (this is the side that was always the most painful pre-surgery).

I whacked the top of my foot a few weeks ago which threw a wrench in my at-home PT (I stopped all together) but have been continuing to go to formal PT twice a week.

My surgeon sent me for an MRI to see if there are any tears in my peroneus tendon. I'm waiting on those results.

Any educated, uneducated, or from-experience opinions are welcome. I want to know why I'm suddenly getting worse after doing pretty well (despite the tendon and achilles pain) since I've been full weight bearing a few months ago.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.