5 weeks after surgery it look like prolapse is coming out

Posted , 5 users are following.

Week 5 no pain but there is now no hole sorry to be to the point just lumps filling it I was so worried I tried to feel as you do I can hardly put my finger in and as far as I can I can push the lumps out the way sort of that feel like they are from the front total close if i look with a mirror and open a little it is total filledthe hole this can't be right can it ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry, mine was the same but I'm now week 14 and all the lumps and bumps have gone, I think it's just all the swelling etc as no one explains what it's going to look like xx

• Posted

Thank you for your message I am so worried but to know someone has had the same I will worry a little less and see how it gos thank you
  • Posted

amandabeetle please don't worry too much because what you describe is perfectly normal. It's swelling that is common around this post op period. You have to remember there's been a lot of trauma during the surgery and this swelling is caused by it. I wish I had a £1 for every lady who has rang the ward thinking the surgery has failed. You probably need to rest more with your feet elevated, ice packs may help. Recovery from this surgery takes time as you've probably realised and at only 5 weeks swelling is inevitable x

• Posted

Thank you so much I waited 10 year to get a op so was so happy I got in the end and to be told was a lot worse than they thought to now see over the past few day the hole closing really has worried me so thank you I am sure you get it all the time but it has given me a bit of hope it may be ok
    • Posted

amandabeetle I've also had the surgery as well as nursed patients on the gynae wards so I can empathise with you. I was the worst patient imaginable and like you panicked when I noticed the swelling but I just had to remind myself of what I'd said to patients to reassure them. I just rested a bit more and eventually the swelling subsided. Anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen may help and depending on the advice you were given regarding having a bath, that could help.

• Posted

I was told bath and sex at 6 weeks I will have a both we led nearly / Thursdays as that's my 6 weeks as foe the sex I dare not lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.