5 weeks and 3 days in

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just a yes or no, I had one good with week with Celexa and I am back to feeling nauseous and having trouble sleeping.

Will this pass? Positive feedback will help ease my mind!

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well I'm only 4 and a half weeks in but very similar situation, I had about a week of good then started getting sick and it was like that sickness (which I still haven't went to the drs for so that isn't helping)put me right back the beginning with nausess losing more sleep and weight again and now getting the foggy cloudy head back again as well as the daily anxiety attack of jitters and panic mode, hopefully it will pass, i go for another visit for my Celexa just kind of a check up on it on nov 4th but not sure I can make it that long to be seen and I might schedule a sick visit and just add the into when I get there lol I hope this is just one of the down times mine has currently lasted a week straight now, but hopefully we both get through it

• Posted

I would like to know also. Been just over 5 weeks for me with my increase to 30mg of citalopram and last week I was better and this week back to anxious and nauseas. Scared I won't feel good again. Usually gets better by the evening. But I want to be back to not waking with anxiety and nausea.

• Posted

Is that 5 weeks on 30 or 5 weeks on cit?

I crashed at 5 weeks on 30 and made the mistake of going to 40. Lasted a month now back at 30 but the whole thing has been a big setback.

• Posted

5 weeks on 30mg. I was on 10mg for 2 weeks, then 20 mg for about 3-4 months and was feeling great but then the last month and a half on 20mg anxiety came back bad and saw my doc and she said 20mg is still a lower dose for helping anxiety so upped me to 30mg. So been just over 5 weeks on 30mg. And last week I felt improvement but then this week a setback and afraid it just will be bad again. All the side effects came back when I increased also. I know I think way too much and worry way too much but it's hard. Usually feel a bit more normal by the evenings

• Posted

I ve been back on 30 for 2 and half weeks. Am very up and down. I worry constantly. I have a 9 month old baby and waiting to feel well is hell.
    • Posted

Very hard when you also have a child to care for. I have a 3 year old and sometimes the smallest task feels so overwhelming. But we have to keep reminding ourselves that it will get better. It will just take take. I read with any change in dose it can take 6-8 weeks for full effect. I have been reading a book called the mindfulness and acceptance workbook for anxiety. And one thing it says is to not fight the anxiety which is soooooooooooo hard to not do. And says to just know the sensations are just sensations and the thoughts are just thoughts and feelings are just feelings and they won't hurt us. It is extremely difficult though I Know. Especially when day after day it feels like such a struggle. But hang in there. And keep messaging. It's good to talk to others going through the same thing as you. I used to think I was all Alone with this

• Posted

I am only on 20mg. My anxiety isn't severe, but the odd time I take an attack I am in emerg. I just happened to have one after school started (after dealing with my nan passing and my mom taking a heart attack... she's great now), plus I wanted to work and do school.. but anyway, was put on it so I could focus on school. I feel gross and nauseated, but I can still focus on school. I just want this sick feeling to pass and wanna make sure this is normal.

• Posted

They say 6-8 weeks for full benefit, some even have said it took 3 months. So with you being 5 weeks I think you will start to feel better slowly in the next couple weeks. It will pass smile

Can always talk to the doctor that prescribed them to you and ask what they think

• Posted

So, where I started on 10mg for a week and have been on 20mg for 4... could it take 6-8 weeks for me?
    • Posted

Well, I seen him last week when everything was fantastic!! Are glitches normal? You are very helpfulsmile

• Posted

That's usually the base guideline to any AD/AA medication and the time restarts when the dose changes also, that's what I have gathered from all my research on this forum and other websites like it. 6-8 weeks from start time and 6-8 weeks additional after any increase and I also have read the side effects reappear when changing the dose but most times not as severe

• Posted

I was told by my doctor that every increase will again take another 6-8 weeks for full affect, and that ups and downs are completely normal while your body is adjusting to the meds. When you're going through it it's very hard to remember and I keep trying to remind myself that ups and downs are normal and that eventually it will all even out. It's not always easy. I expected that by 5 weeks in I would be great so sometimes I feel down I am still waking with anxiety(which they say is the last to go) but I try to tell myself it takes time and it takes awhile to kick in. Keep pushing through and soon you'll feel better

• Posted

Yes. It will pass. Definitely
    • Posted

You're all awesome! I was worried, because I felt like a million bucks. Someone told me to get my gallbladder checked, because my stomach hurt and I had heartburn yet I was informed by my pharmacist yesterday anti-depressants are hard on the stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.