5 weeks & anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi, I’m in 20 mg for 5 weeks, switched from citalopram after several years as it didn’t seem to be working as I am perimenopausal, I was starting to feel better after initial side effects, I have also got my period yesterday & last few days my anxiety has been off the scale, don’t know where it’s come from. I don’t know what to do, wasn’t this bad before I switched, scared I’m not going to get any relief. Any suggestions please x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I know how your feeling Chrissy it's like it's out of control it will calm down I'm due on myself and mine goes even worse around this time I'm wondering if mine is due to premenopausal but think I'm too young 39 is there a blood test you can have to show this or do the docs just go by side effects? Xx

• Posted

Hi 

I hit 5 weeks last Friday. I have had horrible anxiety too. Yesterday was the first day in about 2 weeks that I’ve.felt like my normal self from 3:00 till I went to bed. Just woke up and anxiety back full force. You are not alone

• Posted

It is the same for me. After initially  getting over the first ten days of side effects was feeling better. Now I have horrible anxiety again at 5 weeks in. Yesterday I felt like myself for seven hours. This morning again gripping anxiey. I was told this is common because Fluoxetine takes forever to reach therapeutic blood levels which can be over a month. Feeling good improvement can take 8 to 12 weeks. Hang in there. We are about the same time on this drug.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up