5 weeks into the ciltopram program

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've had a lot of stress over the years and always managed to find my way out with sport or talking or keeping busy. the last year I couldn;t find my way out and started with ciltopram 10 and then 2 weeks later 20mg, at first 

i was feeling great, i think it was because i accepted I needed help but as the weeks go on, my head is clearer but i need so much sleep, i'm ok in the day but find it so difficult to wake up in the morning. I take the meds in the morning and find I can now push myself to do things (sometimes) I don;t really feel depressed anymore, but there again, I don;t really feel an awful lot. i'm also losing weight so there is a big plus. does anyone else have these experiances?

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maybe you are just still early on the drug??? I am at 4 weeks at 10 mg, but I definitely don't sleep very well nor am I loosing weight. I do have a little more motivation to get things done, but still have a fair amount of anxiety.

Is your anxiety under control now?

• Posted

i didn;t really have anxiety. i just didn;t want to do anything, couldn;t enjoy anything just wanted to sit in the corner of the couch with a blanket. but am managing now to enjoy sometimes. maybe anxiety was there a bit as i got nervous if i had to go on the bus or meet someone but lately thats gone away, i enjoy the med, it keeps me relaxed, i don;t feel rushed or stressed

maybe its time for ur dose to be increased what does the dr say

• Posted

I see my doctor on Monday, so I assume we will discuss increasing it. I think it needs to be increased. I didn't have a hard time starting up the 10 mg, so I hope I don't have a difficult time with an increase. I am trying to work full time while I sort this out.

I am glad you are feeling better! I hope to have a relaxed mind/body one day soon.

• Posted

Good luck Sissy, let me know how you get on monday.
    • Posted

Did you not suffer many side effects from starting the medication? I've started today and am nervous about the first few weeks as i've heard things can get really bad😖
    • Posted

Ive just upped my dosage nearly 2 weeks ago from 30mf to 40mg and feel awful when will the awful anxiety go ??
    • Posted

I think we all have had side effects, but the best thing is not focus on them too much. It will pass and you can still carry on with life the way it is,and it will get better and better
    • Posted

Just remember, any side effects are just your body getting use to the drugs. Unless you are having a serious allergic reaction, then just keep going. Fun? No, but better than relentless anxiety and depression with now way out. 

I am have a little bit of extra anxiety from the increase from 10 mg to 20 mg three days ago. I just keep telling myself it will pass and it means the medication is doing what it is suppose to do. I think of my brain has having these little construction guys in there building away. Sometimes they misplace the stairs or the fireplace and have to tear it down and rebuild it and that is when I don't feel so great.

• Posted

Hi sissy'

how r u getting on?

ive been away for a few days, glad to be home again, but did manage enjoy myself. keep in touch we all need someone to moan and groan to

• Posted

Hi Icejan,

I am getting along fine. I think things are slowly getting better. Of course, I never know who I am from hour to hour. I might be calm one moment and crying the next. I am now two weeks and 2 days into the increase from 10 mg to 20 mg. I hope I am not one who has to wait months and months to see significant progress. I don't wish that for anyone.

If I could get some decent sleep, that would help a lot. I take a lot of things that should knock me out, but they don't. neutral

• Posted

Hi Sissy,

read something yesterday about sleeping, there is an acupressure point at the base of your little finger on the outside that you should massage for about 3 mins,, anything worth a try. good luck

• Posted

Sissy

I am right there with you, exact same nummer if days in.

My updose from 20-25 mg went more smoothly than my updose from 10-20, but still it was hard.

In regards of recovery, my GP says that the average recovery time is 3-4 months, which I find very reasuring, as I have a lot of healing to do before I am back to my old self.

• Posted

Hi Noolie! 

I am glad the 5 mg updose went smoothly.

If I am recovered in 3-4 months, I will be thrilled! I was told that I should start seeing improvements about 4 weeks after my updose. Patience is the lesson to be learned here! smile

Sissy

• Posted

Hi Sissy:

Noticed your recent comments, Sissy, I have been on Cit, five weeks next Sunday. I'm feeling a little better, but Dr. has brought me down from 30mg to 20mg, don't know why, but, anyway, I do feel a little better, for sure. Thanks to everyone for their kind and helpful words, it really helps knowing that there are so many caring people out there and we can all help each other.

Ron

• Posted

Hi Ron,

I am glad you are feeling better on the dose reduction. What were your symptoms that your dose was too high? How much did you start on? How long were you on 30 mg?

Sissy

• Posted

I'm same boat as you ... 4 weeks on Friday upping my dosage to 40mg and feel suicidal and anxiety through the roof - thought be getting better by now - started seeing therapist once a week for CBT so hopefully I should pick up soon- really hope you begin feeling better also it's awful feeling like we do
    • Posted

Well done Ron sounds like you've turned a corner - great news - hopefully I will very soon
    • Posted

Lovely reply from noolie it's so fantastic how we all help each other and try push each other together .. I'm in the middle of hell at the Minute but I'm hanging in there for myself and my perfect family
    • Posted

Oh, Anglio:

Not sure I've turned the corner, lots of dark thoughts, but, is better today. So sorry you're not having a good day, today, you have a lot going on in your life right now, for sure, don't think I could do nearly as good as you. You continue to be strong and know that you're not in this fight alone. You will persevere and get stronger every day, Anglio!

Ron

• Posted

Thanks mate I'm hoping seeing a therapist trained in CBT will help my progress
    • Posted

Anglio, remember, as you are doing, think of your family and realize harming yourself will cause immeasurable harm to them, it is never a solution, I have had those same thoughts, many times, recently, but, the damage I would do to my grown kids, wife, grandkids would be immeasurable and lasting. It seems like a solution, but, it is not. I am praying for you, Anglio, and everyone suffering. This will make you stronger, stuff happens for a reason, sometimes it's hard to figure out why. You will get thru this!

Ron

• Posted

Hi Noolie, How are you doing? Sissy
    • Posted

Hi Sissy

Thanks for asking.

Unfortunately the last 3 days have been really bad. High anxiety, strong muscle tensions, health anxiety due to increased symptoms. I have had these dips before, but I still get scared and worried every time.

Better days are always followed by bad days, it cirkles that way.

How are you?

• Posted

I am doing okay, but still lots of room for improvement. I mainly have low level anxiety that just doesn't want to let up. I am hoping now that I am starting the 4th week at 20 mg I will start seeing improvements. It is so frustrating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.