5 weeks into the ciltopram program

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I've had a lot of stress over the years and always managed to find my way out with sport or talking or keeping busy. the last year I couldn;t find my way out and started with ciltopram 10 and then 2 weeks later 20mg, at first 

i was feeling great, i think it was because i accepted I needed help but as the weeks go on, my head is clearer but i need so much sleep, i'm ok in the day but find it so difficult to wake up in the morning. I take the meds in the morning and find I can now push myself to do things (sometimes) I don;t really feel depressed anymore, but there again, I don;t really feel an awful lot. i'm also losing weight so there is a big plus. does anyone else have these experiances?

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Icejan, much the same. I have done 11 weeks on 20 mg and still feel a bit disinterested in life. Mornings are still difficult, and I have lost a lot of weight. The best news is that you don't feel depressed anymore, so I am sure more improvement will come. Hang in there with the 20mg and hopefully after a few months we will have our mojo back. Lee.
    • Posted

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your reply. Are you doing anything to push yourself into doing more?

I'm enrolled for course mindfull and started back at the gym I want to prepare myself for the time I come off the meds, I really don;t want to rely on them.

Have a good weekend

• Posted

Hi Icejan, yes I have a job and a family, so there is no time for lying around with teenagers, a husband and two dogs in the house. I walk as much as I can and read a lot. Even got dancing last night for my husbands birthday. Just doing my best every day! Good for getting back to the gym! I think exercise helps a lot. Take care. Lee.
  • Posted

I didn't not have many side effects. I upped my dose from 10 mg to 20 mg 3 days ago and might have a little more anxiety then I was normally having. I was fortunlate and did not have the stomach issues that many seem to have. 
    • Posted

Glad to hear you not suffering too many side effects.
  • Posted

Hi Sissy63,

just wondering how ur doing this week??

• Posted

I am struggling today! I just had a panic attack and I don't generally get those. I sure hope this medication kicks in soon. I didn't sleep well last night either, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Thanks for asking! 

• Posted

Sorry to hear your not feeling too well. we all have up and down days.

Have you tried going to a film or talking with friends. I havn;t felt like

doing much lately, but the last few days I've been pushing myself and

feeling a lot better for it. maybe something like that would help you

Good luck Sissy.

• Posted

I go to work everyday and I do have friends I eat lunch with and talk to when I feel like it.
    • Posted

good, its important to keep your friendships going, even when you don;t feel like it. you'l get there, summer is coming weather will cheer you up, lots of bright sunny clothes.  good things are out there, just difficult seeing them sometimes
    • Posted

I am definitely struggling today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. smile

I think being really tired right now is not helping.

• Posted

Icejan, 

Are you still doing pretty good? 

Sissy

• Posted

Lovely thread I'm so pleased I've found such a helpful forum to help me with anxiety and depression
    • Posted

Sissy63 lovely how caring everyone is on here it's helping me with my anxiety and depression as I've been really struggling with upping my dosage 3 week ago and have felt worse than ever
    • Posted

Hi Sissy 

thanks for asking im  doing ok can even laugh again. Still a bit of difficulty waking up in the morning and a bit dopey sometimes but feeling good.hope i can return. to my old self.

• Posted

I hope once I get through the next few weeks of the dose increase I will find my laugh again. It shows up occassionally, but nothing like it use to yet.
    • Posted

Hey Sissy:

You hang in there, I'm three weeks into Citaopram, still anxiety, but, we'll all get thru this.

Ron

• Posted

Thanks Ron! How much are you currently taking? 
    • Posted

Hey Sissy:

I'm currently on 30mg.  How about you?

• Posted

Ron, I started at 10 mg for a month and was bumped up to 20 mg 10 days ago. Days are getting slightly better, but the increase is taking a while for my body to get use to.
    • Posted

Sissy:

I started on 10mg first week, then 20mg second week and now 30mg.  It's about the same for me.  You hang in there and thanks for communicating with me.

• Posted

My pleasure Ron! People who haven't been through this just don't understand. It is nice to have people who get it and can encourage each other. Anxiety just hit me out the blue one day about 2 years ago and I have struggled finding the right combinations of things to help. I think the Cit. might be it once it settles in.
    • Posted

It hit me fairly suddenly also, hopefully, we will both respond favorably on citalopram.  And, yea, its nice to know that we all can share our experiences, together.
    • Posted

Hi I'm on 40mg upped from 30mg 3 weeks ago and feel worst I've every felt - obsessed thoughts and dark cloud over me all the time - back at do Tomorrow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.