5 weeks out extreme pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my tkr about 5 weeks ago, I am having alot of pain in my lower leg and ankle. Has anyone else gone thru this? The pain gets so bad ice does not help and I can not sleep even with the help of medicine.

Please any help or suggestions would help.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Lawrence. I am now 8 weeks since my operation but yes I was having pain in m shin bone and ankle about the same time as you . It's has gone now so you can look forward to the next few weeks . 

• Posted

Take pain meds as long as you need them. I think we have all had that dumb shin pain. Is your calf red or warm? Could be a sign of blood clot. Do you still have mobility in your knee? If mobility is lessened and knee is hot and swollen it could (rarely) be an infection of the new joint. I'd call the surgeon if you are worried but it may be that damn shin pain you get from having the thing placed.

Sometimes I'm still sorry I did it in 2014....then I remember I couldn't walk. Best wishes my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.