5 weeks post A&P burning feeling all the time

Posted , 4 users are following.

5 weeks post A&P surgery and I have a burning feeling all the time, not when just passing water. Has anyone else experienced this or could it be an infection?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi kay I'm 6 weeks post op wed for p @ a repair, I've had a burning itching feeling past week at first I thot oh know not thrush cos at first that's wht it felt like , I still av slight burning feeling but seeing my surgeon wed morning so

hopefully she will she'd some light on it , I think it's the healing process but we'd be nice if we were told more abt the after affects ect , hope u start feeling better.

• Posted

Hi Joan I've just ordered some coconut oil as read on one of the post that it can help with dry areas and thought that might be a bit of the problem, I also looked up the uses and it says quite safe to use down there, so thought I'd give it a go. 

Hope all goes well for you on wed morning my appointment should have been on the 28th but had letter to say postponed until 23rd.

i agree with you it would have been nice if we had been told more as these things do upset and worry you don't they.

• Posted

Yes kay I've heard abt coconut oil , I will ask abt this on Wed , sounds like we all experiencing the same thing ,
  • Posted

Hello, Im 4 weeks post op and this week I too have noticed an itching /burning feeling. Nothing nasty seems to be going on down there and I have put it down to the stiches healing. It feels like its a bit dry.
    • Posted

Yes that sounds the same as me, I've had a look and like you it all seems ok 
  • Posted

If you're feeling burning even when not passing urine there's a strong possibility it's a urine infection. Speak to your doctor because your are still recovering from surgery and you don't want anything to impede on your recovery.
  • Posted

Thanks matron, will try to get thought to Dr, won't hold my breath about get hold of him as spoke to reception last week about needed another sick note next week to be to,d no appointment until early december

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.