5 weeks post laproscopic sacrohysteropexy itching

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 5 weeks post laproscopic sacrohysteropexy and have been feeling really tired and today I am really itchy around the lower stich es and it feels swollen. Is this normal?

Sorry for all the questions

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It is normal sarah. If you read some other posts on this forum I've mentioned the dreaded 4-6 week post op period where the sutures are healing and pulling on the repair, you also get some increased swelling as well. The tiredness is common because of the slow recovery rate of this type of surgery. Basically your body is telling you to rest.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, like matron says many ladies have noted they have symptoms like yours so yes it is normal. I am almost 6 weeks and find that I feel ok one day so I think yes that's it great feeling like my old normal and start back doing some of my old normal stuff but then I suffer the next day. When I feel tired or emotional or just ached I have what some ladies refer to as a floppy day. Just flop on the lounge and rest, rest, rest. It really helps. I found wrapped ice packs helped for the itching and with the swelling but also getting my knees up and weight off down there helped heaps.Healing hugs
  • Posted

Hi, everyone...I'm 68 yrs. old and I developed a HUGE prolapse.  My GYN told me that is probably came from lifting heavy stretchers on my paramedic job years ago.  I also have coughing spells once in a while from allergies....This prolapse is below my bladder, and the bladder is pushing my vaginal wall inside out...Sarah, you mentioned being swollen.  I'm swollen without the surgery...lol....Does this thing hold urine, and make you very tired and sleepy.  I am average weight, but I feel like I am carrying around an extra hundred pounds of fluid in this thing...Is tht normal, and can you gain 10 lbs. of urine overnight.....thank you
    • Posted

Hi Carole,

Sorry to hear about your problems. My swelling and pain are post op. It sounds as though you need advice about an op I'm afraid. Hope you have a good urogynaecologist. Good luck and hope you get sorted out.

• Posted

I agree with sarah ask your GP to refer you to a Urogynaecologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.