5 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

I'm 5 weeks post op and have just spent the day in bed due to really not feeling well. Started early hours of the morning with aching all over and generally not feeling well at all. My bowels have been playing up again and I've not been the toilet proper for a few days. Just started back on movicol today to see if it will kick start it back into action. Also when I go to empty my bladder over the past few days when I wipe it's quite yellow on the toilet paper I'm starting to wonder with how I feel if I've got an infection but can this happen so many weeks after???

I really thought by week 5 I would be feeling so much better. Thank you in advance for your replies and advice.

Lynda 😊

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynda,

I'm 5 weeks post op on Wednesday have started to feel unwell to. Headache for last 2 days my stomach is also very sore to touch. Going to see GP tomorrow. I'm like you thought I was getting there but do wonder if I have an infection too. Will let you know how I get on. Take care.

Donna 😷

• Posted

Hope everything is ok when you go doctors let me know how you get on.

If I feel same tomorrow going to book an appointment.

It's like one step forward and two back isn't it?!?!

This forum is a godsend you find more things out off this than anything the hospital told you on discharge.

It hopefully can only get better 😊 x

• Posted

Well went doctors today and doctor did an internal and took a swab to send off. Yes I've got an infection so on a weeks worth of strong antibiotics.

Should of gone earlier to the doctors instead of me thinking it was the internal stitches dissolving. Luckily I have done everything I should have which helped it not to get worse more quickly.

So don't leave anything if your unsure its always best to get it checked out.

• Posted

Hi Lynda. Went to see GP who sent me back to the hospital. Just got home now. I'm also on antibiotics and have infection. Have had a swab, bloods, urine test. Have blood in my urine too.

Got to go back in a week if things don't improve. Hopefully once the pills start to work for us both we will start to feel better.

Fingers crossed 😁

Take care

Donna xx

• Posted

Oh no really hope you start to improve once the antibiotics kick in but make sure you do what they've said and go back if your still not feeling better.

My urine wasn't showing signs of infection thankfully make sure you get lots of fluid down you to flush everything out.

Take care and let me know how your getting on

Love Lynda 😊 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.