5 weeks post op n woke up so depressed

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi ladies, well today i am 5 weeks post op anterior repair , and ive woke up so depressed im near to tears ,sometimes i actually wish i never had this op and just tried to manage with my prolapse even though it was a bad prolapse i was never down like this or had pain , im still throbbing nearly all the time, this horrible big bump/lump i have inside my vagina is showing no signs of going away,it is high up and to the right side if that makes sense but sometimes it feels like its come down low just like a prolapse , my head is just all over the place just now and i know the stress isnt helping , when i got my op i was like "what was i worried about"  but now its like "what have i done"  sad  not being able to do much with my 9 month old daughter and my youngest son is a nightmare, especialy with the holidays here and my 6 yr old wants to go out on day trips sad , sorry for the depressing moan ladies, i know we are all going through it xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Helen I am 6 weeks tomorrow and felt just like you last week wishing I'd never had op done swelling and pain getting me down. Also same feelings that prolapse was back but the last few days the swelling seems to be going down more if I walk too much it lets me know again though reading other posts its normal but I know how you are feeling it does worry you. It must be harder for you with 2 young children to look after too.things will get better soon x
    • Posted

thank you , just wish we were giving information regarding post op , its very hard as my daughter at my parents everyday till 5.30 im missing out on so much, she even took 2 steps the other day n i missed it  sad  ,but having her there just now is best for her and myself,  i feel like im getting obsessed with my vagina lol , i must admit i do alot of walking but i also have days when i rest , like today im still in my pjs n not planing on going out anywhere , but even at rest im still throbbing , dont know if i still have stitches, ive never noticed any coming out yet x
    • Posted

Hi yes I know exactly what you mean about vagina obsession lol although no idea what it should look like I started to loose stitches a few days ago that's when things got a bit easier x
  • Posted

Hi Helen,

Sometimes it helps just to let things out, everyone seems to say that they get weepy and down around 5/6 week stage, and quite a few have said that by 7/8 weeks things are so much better. Its all starting to get to me too and I'm only coming up for 4 weeks post op, dread to think what I will be like by next week. Starting to get fed up reading and watching telly. Have started very short walks round the block and pottering about doing light dusting, keep making light snacks and hot drinks out of boredom will end up the size of a house. Roll on 7/8 weeks can maybe start hoovering and ironing.

My teenager loves art and crafts she told me I should learn to paint since I have so much time on my hands, I have always been pretty rubish at art, all the practise in the world is unlikely to improve it.

Hope things pick up for you, a few weeks can seem like an eternity, but things will get better

Phyl xx

• Posted

Hi Helen, those sensations are quite normal, the tissues inside are very sensitive and there are inflamed also, the scars are being formed now and they begin to tighten. The bump is normal, try not to focus too much in it, I know that it's difficult having children. Think those things are going to be better little by little and don't be shy to call your dr if you feel bad...
  • Posted

Hi Helen try not to worry ypur poor body has been through a lot and it really needs time to recover, take things slow and easy and you should get the benefits. I am 7 months post op and still on the journey, I just wish this was explained more about how we feel post op, take carre x 
  • Posted

Hi Helen, I am almost 8 weeks post op now and finally can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Honeslty the 1st 5/6 weeks are the hardest and you see little improvement down there.

i also was worried about the bulge I still felt but it must just be swelling.

i had my 7 week post op check last week and he examined me internally (surprisingly didn't hurt at all) He said prolapse definitely gone and wall was flat as a pancake! It is just inflammation and swelling. The difference from 6 weeks to 8 weeks post is incredible so hang on in there, chin up you'll soon feel much better.

The 1st 6 weeks have been longest of my life, there was days as a young mum I questioned having it done but honestly no regrets at all now and starting to feel like a new women. 

Good luck with rest of your recovery, try and rest as much as poss as think it's so important in the early days xxxx

• Posted

This is a really reassuring post.  Before your 7 week check, how much did you actually do? I have mine on Friday, and I'm worried I've screwed it up as I have been lifting a few things round the house like laundry etc (I'm a divorced single mum so have no choice).  My leg pain is back after I went to work for an hour last week (got the train into town and cabbed it to the office).  I can see a bulge (looks like my cervix).... 
    • Posted

I could see a bulge as well but that has definitely gone now, no idea what it was!

i went into Bakewell at the week end and walked round with no bulge or ańything feeling un comfortable - felt just how it should.

i did very little for the 1st 2 weeks but since then have gradually done things round the house that need doing, slowly built my walking up and now doing 45 mins a day-no problem. I've avoided lifting anything heavy as scared to death of un doing anything but ironing, washing clothes and generally looking after the kids ok. Still feel quite tired (I had Vagainal hysterectomy as well) so resting in afternoon and sometimes still having  a snooze) 

i felt just like you at 5 weeks but honestly all of a sudden I've turned a corner smile keep me posted with your recovery xx

• Posted

Hi

I'm 6 weeks today - I know the feeling.  I thought I was fine, then went into the office for an hour last week and now have this leg pain back. I still have a lump too, looks like I can see my cervix, but all the ladies on this forum have reassured me this is normal.  I'm a single mum of two so although I have been at home in bed most of the time I still have to do laundry and cook dinners etc.  The boys are off school now and I have laid out a fortune in childcare and they are sick of me not being able to take them out.   I have my consultation of Friday  - I am hoping/wishing/praying he tells me it all looks good.  I am worried that I have overdone, I am worried that I have screwed it up and will have to go through this all again.  I just can't.    All I can say to you is that although it doesn't feel it we are still in the midst of recovery and things will not be normal for a few weeks yet.  Apparently it is all worth it in the end.....if I haven't screwed it up!  Take care and just know what you are feeling is totally 'normal'

K x 

• Posted

Yes we have all been there, done that and got the t shirt. I believe most of us feel not to bad after the operation for the first four or so weeks and maybe do a little too much then as the skin where sutures are start to repair itself, stitches tightening up makes us swollen, we feel as if prolapse is still there and get so down.

I developed other issues with chronic tenderness, burning and then ulcers down there around week five. Ulcers healed up but constant burning in your bits is not pleasant.

I hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Hello helen. I am pleased you've posted on this forum because I would hate for you to be alone feeling the way you do. Prolapse repair surgery takes a long time to recover from, which you already know and there are periods of time like now when you think you are never going to get back to normal again. I don't think many ladies realise just how much is involved in this surgery because if you did (I've seen the operation performed many times) you would realise just why it takes so long and why the dreaded lump seems to be there forever. 

I felt the same around the 4 week mark. I was sick of the lump and the pain and when I looked in the mirror I no longer recognised myself but I promise you in a few weeks time you will feel as though you're turning a corner. It often happens quite suddenly, the lump will still be there but not a big but your body will start to recover.

Write a post every hour if it makes you feel any better because someone will be here. I don't think you are moaning. Chin up helen we are all here for you 😘😘

• Posted

thank you everyone , the recovery from these operations are very emotional at times, today has by far been my worst day ever , im stressed over my recovery n family who expect me to still be able to take my wee girl to visit them because i drive and they are just not prepared to walk the 20 mins to my house so im the bad one ,missing doing things with my kids ,  think its just been a build up of things coming to a head , i cant thank you ladies enough for your advice and support xx
    • Posted

It's a lot to expect of you helen especially as it's advisable not to drive until 6 weeks post op. Some insurance companies won't insure you until then, others say it's up to your consultant. The main problem is will your pelvic floor withstand an emergency stop?
    • Posted

its a nightmare matron, ive just actually fell out with my brother in laws gf as she expects me to take my 2 nieces for tea n overnight, they r 2 and 3 and such a handful , this is because i am having my 8 yr old nephew for a sleep over tomorrow night, there is a big difference between 2/3 and 8 lol plus we only found out about him in november so we have alot of catching up 2 do.. i have drove but really only when i have 2 , i stay a good 25 mins walk from shops ,really hope i dont have to do an emergency stop x
    • Posted

I may be speaking out of turn here helen but your family are being very unreasonable. I wouldn't have been able to do what you're doing at 5 weeks and I honestly think the reason you are feeling so depressed is because you are exhausted and your body hasn't had time to recover from the operation. I hadn't realised when I answered your post just how much you are doing and you really need to be resting at this stage. 
    • Posted

no u certainly arent, ive came here for advice and appreciate all ur help, im feeling they are basically taking the mick ,and im not caring how much they moan im not taking their kids , my hubby is great , ive not really lifted a finger at home since my operation, he does so much for me , my family are also great, my sister goes to shops for me or takes me shopping if im up 2 it, my parents have my daughter during the day and hubby takes over when he picks her up and my 14 yr old son helps out as much as he can xx
    • Posted

Oh that's a relief helen. I thought you didn't have any help. Put yourself first and remember you have had major surgery, don't undo your consultants good work xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.