5 weeks post op partial knee replacement

Posted , 13 users are following.

Still in much pain after 5 weeks.  Cannot sleep and Norco does not work for pain.  Feel as though my knee slips out.  Driving, doing light errands and housework, but have to sit down often.  Planned on returning to work in 3 weeks but do not think I will be able......if this little progress continues.  Going to call Dr. on Monday....feel as though I should be doing much better by now.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

TKR surgery takes a long time to build up strength and rom in the joint.

its a painful non stop process for weeks for some months. 

Perhaps your doctor can bump up the dose for pain meds so you can heel and sleep. Sleep is very important as well as 2100 calories per day for recovery from major surgery.

it took me almost 8 months before I could walk well without pain. I hope you can get thru this initial rough spot soon.xxx

• Posted

I think you have dne to much to soon you really do need to rest it and let it heal I am 8 weeks post op and can't get up and stairs without putting both feet on step still please take your time it is a long healing process I normally not have a very strong patience but this has proved I have got some lol hope you recover in your own time I am not going back work til November and that is only if I feel 100%

• Posted

I there - I hope things are looking up for you. Would love an update smile

Jenni.

• Posted

Feel much better when I move around.  Still the pain keeps me awake all night, even taking Norco.  Do not think I will return to work in October as planned.  My job requires a twelve hour day and on my feet....surgery was August 19.......not going to push myself for this one.  My mind wants to but my body just can't.  My hip replacement was a breeze.  Both my wrists were the same.  I cannot complain too much.

If not for sugeries, I would be in a wheel chair the rest of my life.  Staying positive!!

• Posted

Wow - that is a long hard regime to go back into. I would be asking for a half shift if at all possible to get started again. I can't imagine doing that even. I used to do retail and was on my feet all day long it is brutal and when I got breaks was always found with my leg elevated !!! That is pre-op.

It pees me off when people compare a hip replacement to a knee. Such a very different situation requiring a very different strategy.

I was booked to go out to Fiji to work for 6 weeks in 3 weeks time. I look after a small resort out there from time to time but have decided not to do it. A hard decision to make but in the long game I think the best one. Although I keep dreaming of the lovel pool I could be swimming in every day....

NO playing  the long game is the only way smile

Be true to your individual situation and you will be all sorted before you know it.

So very happy you are now more open to the options !!!

• Posted

I'm 5 weeks post opt for tip, I'm barley at 90 degrees, I'm worried about this , I do p.t. 2 times a week, do you think this is an issue

• Posted

First of all, you are still in the early stages and have time to get better without being concerned. Make sure you continue to pay attention to getting it straight. 6 weeks should be the initial benchmark. Just continue with the process but dont be alarmed if you have some minor setbacks here and there. Often times we get to feeling pretty good but our bodies tell us to slow down just a little.

You are going great and appear to be o n track to a textbook rehab.

• Posted

Thanks for the encouraging words. It's hard sometimes not to worry and be concerned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.