5 weeks post TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys I am 5 weeks post TKR today just been for a physio session my flexion now at 130!! Just need to work on straightening a bit more physio say she has never seen anyone recover so quickly! Happy days!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

FANTASTIC at 5 weeks.  Aim for around 135.  Talked to my PT guy...if you can NATURALLY get to 140, fine but DON'T FORCE IT!  You do NOT need that kind of flexion and may do more harm than good because of the device.  You'd have to do more research on implant limits but 120-135 gives you enough flexion for a good, happy life.  You're not trying out for the Olympics!!!

• Posted

Well done Freestork, hood to hear you're getting on!

All the best

Marilyn

XX

• Posted

Yayyy well done you! You're doing amazingly.

I'm now 19 weeks post op and been told not to push my ROM any further ... it's 140/145 depending on what kind of day I've had, but I wasn't anywhere near 130 at 5 weeks my ROM improved greatly after 7/8 weeks.

Keep up the good work!

• Posted

Hey! Ali! Don't snap your leg in half! 😁😂😃😄 that's amazing! How do you feel generally at 19 weeks? Are you still tired or able to do everything as normal? I am still getting very tired in afternoon, but very happy with knee!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.