5 weeks post TKR need some advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my TKR 5 weeks today and this last week has been the worst my knee seems to be going tighter so much that I can't do any exercises I've been taking co codamol every 4 hours even through the night as I'm not sleeping well at all. So Tuesday I decided to go to my GP and was given tramadol I took 2 yesterday morning at 6.30am by 11.30am I was vomiting dizzy shaking stayed in bed all day again today I haven't eaten except for a plain biscuit and some hot drinks I won't take tramadol ever again so back to co codamol even though I'm not getting any proper pain relief. Has anyone else had this experience

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There is a seperate section on tramadol. Maybe you should read that section.

I had it once and never had any problems with it but do not have it on a regular basis.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

It is still very early days. When I had my knee replacement 5 years ago they said it would be about a yeasr before I began to feel the benefits. It is a long hard road to recovery but for me it has been well worthwhile.

Take care and keep in touch

Sasrah

• Posted

I have similar problem. Although I am 4 weeks postop and walking around pretty good, my knee feels so tight. Trying to do my bending exercises but very painful. I do my bending in small increments because if I don't I will be back to square one as far as flexion goes. I'm supposed to have my other knee done as well but I have to give that a good deal of thought. But I'm hopeful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.