50mgs to about 60 mgs sertaline

Posted , 7 users are following.

Had a bad day and been on 50 mgs of sertaline since end of july. Decided tonight to take half of a half of 50mgs tablet on top of my 50mgs so that's about 65mgs.. now I have taken it I'm so nervous incase I have done the wrong thing.

Seeing my doc on Wed and I'm sure she would prob tell me to up anyway.

Any advice and don't moan at me please. 😣

Just hoping I don't freak out

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi in o experience the doc will increase your Ford to 100mg so I wouldn't worry too much xx

• Posted

Sorry didn't check before posting it should read in my experience the doc will increase your dose to 100mg dam predictive text xx

• Posted

No worries, your body is probably not going to notice a 15 mg difference. The maximum daily dose of sertraline is 200 mg, so be assured - nothing bad is going to happen to you. Also, if you need to increase the dose, increase it to 100 mg (this should be done only in agreement with your doc!)
    • Posted

Thanks John. I know I should really wait until wed for the doc but pre-empting as im sure they will up my dose. I will take a quarter of a 50mg tomorrow night on top of my 50mgs. So that I am prepared when I need to do

the full increase.

I know my body and how it reacts.. my goodness I was a wreck when I started on 25 and that was my own doing. I have really come a long way but no far enough and its 3 months now

This is the only med that has agreed with me.

I would not advise anyone to do this but I'm a regular now and feel I can chat to you all freely and update on my progress. X

• Posted

Well, just make sure that you have enough pills to maintain the higher dose until you see your doc. Otherwise you would start suffering from the withdrawal symptoms.
    • Posted

Yeah man, nothing to worry about with that small of an increase. The doc will up you to 100 for sure, but it's good to take it slow. Moving from 25-50 was brutal for me. Best of luck

• Posted

Hello Jay

Why would I ned to moan ?

You are seing your GP next week and it is now only a matter of days before you will talk to him for advice.

Personally I do not feel your medication increase will make much difference and if possible I would consider keeping the dose at the original level until you see the GP. Generally. if required will up the dose and no-one around can advise on that decision your GP will take as the drug needs time to enter your system

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.