• Posted

Me too!!!! Several days like that.
    • Posted

I I only had it happen today. A lot to go thru๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜ฉ
  • Posted

Yeah! Big Day at the Forum!

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‹โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜„โ˜บ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™Œ

• Posted

I think it's something more than that, there may have been a glitch the last few days, and all these came thru in one day. Oh well, no big deal.

hey Cheryl, I went to exercise 2 days so far this week. It's not easy, but getting better. I have to push myself to go, but always feel mentally better after.ย 

• Posted

Very proud of you! ๐Ÿ™Œ

I think getting going on exercise, walking, ANYTHING physical can be very challenging. We have had MAJOR SURGERY, body parts replaced, anesthesia, swelling, having to sleep enough so our bodies will heal. That is A LOT to deal with! Then we have to hope that IN MOVING and/or exercising that we don't do harm to ourselves. It can be very complicated!

Today I weeded, mowed, and started to clean out the garden shed. It was still chilly, but the sun was shining and all snow has disappeared. It felt good to get moving! Best of all was not needing to sit down all the time due to aching knees!๐Ÿ˜„

• Posted

Wow!! U are energetic !!!!! Good for u . My place looks a mess. I need to have all the shrubs in front ripped out. 30 + years old. Waiting to have that done and then I will create a new design plan.ย 
    • Posted

I took out 13 shrubs about ten years ago. The first one took me nearly an hour to do. I then got the idea to soak them with water first. That loosened up the soil. Of course I was a MUDBALL after I got them out, but I did it! I vowed to NEVER plant shrubs, bushes etc. again! Flowers, some annuals, and lots of perennials and bulbs that come up year after year, are my LAZY PLAN!

Can't wait to get my garden going! I don't dare put anything in until May 15th at the earliest, though. Cold snaps still hit here through May sometimes.

It's fun to come up with a new landscape plan! Have fun!

• Posted

Well, I am muddy a lot! LOVE being outside and digging in the dirt!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜

So glad the weather is getting better!๐Ÿ˜

How've you been?๐Ÿ™‹

• Posted

You are one crazy woman, but good for the soul. I am good thanks; sitting stuck in the office looking outย theย at the sun, all the spring flowers are out and the trees budding. My poor garden is well and truly neglected right now. . Even the birds have been giving me hints by digging up the moss!!!! This weekend is going to be a hang the houswork; do the garden mindest methinks.

(I have an appointment next month to see a consultant as wrists, fingers and the join where metal meets bone are playing up, x-rays show degeneration!!! Hopefully there is a magic pill that can rebuild bone, or maybe, seeing as IT IS Spring,ย I should stand in a tub of compost and fertilizer!!)

Stay well, keep digging, back to work I go rolleyesย xxx

• Posted

Was just thinking about how easy it is to cut and root houseplants with just water and even geraniums by cutting a bunch of stems and sticking them in moistened seed starter and water. Wouldn't it truly be FANTASTIC if that worked for our body parts???!!!!

Hands getting painful...no problem! Grow some spanking NEW ones!

I think that's the concept behind stem cell research.

I wonder if one day on TV we will see celebrities demonstrating the newest products which will accomplish just that?!!! Infomercials selling machines for three easy payments of $19.99 that will correct all ailments.

You got me thinking, girl!!!๐Ÿ˜

I hope you will find some solid relief in the here and now...until the future catches up with our dreams of today! Bone GRAFTS are done for our jaws, and new laser procedures encourage new bone growth in periodontal operations (I've experienced it!) Maybe next step will be wrists and fingers!!!โ˜บ

Stay a fighter, my friend!!!

• Posted

It certainly would (wood!!), I shall be the top of the list, actually I am more scared of losing the use of my handsย than thinking that my knees will one day fail and I end up in a wheelchair.ย  I shall keep picking your mind, so don't fail me. On the plant topic, was given a recipe for plant food with cinnamon as a base, will root it out and post.

Anyway, 4 weeks to go and I will find out. The lady I spoke with has said call on a weekly basis to see if there is a cancellation, you bet I am

Thank you xxxx

• Posted

Sue - what is going on with your hand/wrist? ย I had CMC thumb surgery last month - another arthritic issue - and although it's no comparison to the knee, being in a cast with limited use of my left hand is more inconvenient than the knee. ย We forget how much we depend on the use of our limbs, but not being able to use my hand much is a real issue. ย And of course, I'm over using my right hand so that's flaring up. Sounds like you've already had surgery on it. ย Good luck with your appointment!
    • Posted

the bones in both wrists and finger joints are degenerating, can't put any weight on the left one, I use a cane with the right one. Sometimes I cant even hold a piece of paper,ย I am exercising more in the local pool and trying to build up muscles in the surrounding areas. My most enjoyable means of getting around is off-track on my bike, but it hurts like hell now.ย  Did break the left many years ago, but that doesn't explain the finger joints.ย  Still will find out soon enough. Not giving up, but the morphine meds I take for my knees are not touching the pain in my wrists. Still, while I can still hold a glass of wine; I am happy :-)
    • Posted

My hair stylist of 33 years shares your concerns, too! She is facing carpel tunnel surgery soon. She is having all kinds of issues with her fingers, which, to a hair care professional using her hands as TOOLS of her trade, is quite devastating!

Plant food with a cinnamon base...INTERESTING! Thanks in advance for sending that! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒฑ

This season I am going to try Epson Salts on my tomatoes. I have heard really great things about it. Have you ever used it?

• Posted

So sorry to hear about all your trouble with your hands and wrists. That has got to be rough.Is the degeneration due to Osteoarthritis? I know my knees had zero cartilage left, and BONE-ON-BONE is no picnic! The MANY bones in the hand and wrist areas give plenty of BONE-ON-BONE possibilities which probably greatly magnify your pain.

I'm sad that you must endure this.๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear. ย Funny how you can't compare pain of knee to hands, but since we use our hands for everything, the pain can be unbearable and very frustrating. ย I retired from many years of teaching last June with the intentions of doing lots of activities, but I've spent these months recovering from TKR, and now hand surgery. ย I'm looking forward to getting beyond all this, but I'm just thankful that I've healed great with everything right on target. ย I know I have the same issues with my other knee and other hand, but I'm just not going there right now. ย That glass of vino is my - our - universal elixir right now! ย Take care !
    • Posted

Apparently it's not arthritis!!! More than that they won't tell me, first came to light through my regular blood tests, then had x-rays on both hands. Expected it on the left as its been swollen for ages, but right has suddenly caught up literally in a couple months.No point speculating. The clinic says ring them weekly on case of a cancellation, which is what I shall do. Better get a rush on finishing decorating the house, will dig out the plant recipe tomorrow.. Thank you x
    • Posted

Have always known I would end up in a wheel chair eventually, but life goes on, with adaptations one can get around. ย With my hands๐Ÿ˜ญ Apart from work and cycling, I make jewellery. I babysit for a family of 3, and teach the little girl how to make fancy bracelets etc, I had difficulty finishing off and kept dropping things as I couldn't feel anything. I love creating.

I wish you luck with your other knee, go get it done, it will keep the other one company. ย I have baby cat sitting on my lap, digging her claws in for attention and as for that glass of wine... Oh yeah, nothing better.

wishing you a pleasant weekend x

• Posted

Apparently Epsom Salts are good in the bath๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒพ
    • Posted

I hope they figure it out soon. Treatments are so different depending on the disease or ailment. I always want to know YESTERDAY what something is!

Thanks for looking up the plant recipe!

• Posted

I only tried Epsom Salts once. My college roommate said I should soak my foot in them. Turns out my ankle was sprained, and I SHOULD HAVE used ice.

Young and stupid was I !!!!๐Ÿ˜œ

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.