5th week on fluxeotine- still slow

Posted , 8 users are following.

I feel like I am going backwards. More nausea. Panic is back like it was before  is this normal. I know to expect ups and downs but this feels really a huge step back.  

Anyone have words of wisdom for me?  This is agony 

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Urgh day 34 here and woke up anxious then felt totally depressed. Definitely a backward step too and as usual - insomnia.

I know they say "hold the dose" when you feel like this in week 4/5 but I really feel I need to up it. Has anybody upped in week 4/5? How did it go? Did the insomnia go?

Sending love out to all the people in week 4/5 ... the living nightmare continues.

• Posted

Throughout recovery on these meds you'll go through many setbacks / blips where you will feel like you've gone backwards.  Its always 3 steps forward and 2 steps back all the way.  Its perfectly normal for these meds and seems how it works.  It can be months before you even start to feel the beginnings of recovery and you can't hurry these meds whatever you do.  Try and go with it and know that you're heading in the right direction.

Took me 6 months to recover.

K x

• Posted

I am just in pure agony today.  Can’t eat.  So paniced.  I dont know what to do.  

Its reallly bad today 

• Posted

i am so sorry mel. we have those days for sure!!! its pure agony. deep breath just lie down if you can and watch something you like. do you have any benzos (anti anxiety pills)?
    • Posted

Mell what’s the latest? How many days has it been? 
  • Posted

I've been exactly the same Mel , just starting my 4th week on 20mg. Had 2 good days , thought i was making some progress......then bang! Last 2 days have been awful, anxiety through the roof racing heart Feeling light headed/dizzy. Just hoping it settles . Totally understand how youre feeling, it's so hard . Take care Xx

• Posted

Urgh just started week 6 and last night was horrendous, Total depression followed by insomnia as usual. Makes a change from anxiety I guess. Was feeling good until 20:30 then crashed. Find it hard to believe that this is "normal" when starting Prozac for many. Just doesn't seem right.

• Posted

Keep going all of you!!! You’ve got this! 

I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will one day wake up and this will be a distant memory and you’ll be sooo happy you survived. My only advice to everyone would be don’t do what I did, I felt better reduced with the drs support and then stopped (without her, I know I’m a plum!!) don’t do that it’s horrible on your body and worse on your emotions. 

I tell anyone that gives me a hard time

‘Diabetics can’t produce enough insulin to survive so they have to take some, I can not produce enough chemicals to be happy so I take some to assist me’ it’s a good way to help people see mental illness in a different way. 

• Posted

Hey everyone,

Where r you at on Prozac? 

I got so anxious tonight. I think maybe knowing my sister goes back to work and life is going back to normal and I feel pressured to get better soon is All coming at me today. Naseuous and anxty. Neck pain

Start to week 6. With a 10mg increase 4 days ago. (WS at 20 now 30). I am so hoping I don’t back track . Anyhow happy new year All! 

• Posted

Happy new year Tina. Just going into week 5. The last 5 days have been pretty good , anxious in the morning but it soon passed . Today's a different matter, really anxious fuzzy headed and a little dizzy again. Hoping it's just a blip, still on 20mg . X

• Posted

I had a crazy bad anxiety day in week 5 after a few good days Karen. I'm in the middle of week 6 and that bad day never came back. Get through today and you may not see a day like it again. They are always blips.

• Posted

Thanks for that Dom , it's helpful to know that others have experienced the same . Fingers crossed it's only a blip and tomorrow will be better , it's just so scary when it happens.

• Posted

I started 27/11 and today is my worst day so far! I feel awful in every way. 
    • Posted

First 3 1/2 weeks were rough for me , as i said really hope this is just an off day . Know it's still early days , but it's still hard to cope with

• Posted

Karen so interesting. Same here 

Started 30mg 5 days ago and had good days and now I am back tracking a little. Same symptoms. Hoping it’ll pass. 

• Posted

Yes it's strange Tina , my Dr did say it would take time . I was hoping to start back at work this week , but he has advised me not too he thinks it's too soon and could make things worse. So I'll take his advice, and fingers crossed ......as always things will start to improve for us . Take care Xx

• Posted

How you hanging in there paintopower?  Those days are the worst.   You made it through yesterday. You will make t through today too.   This too shall pass 
    • Posted

Just took the Olanzapine and I’m being hit with back to back panic attacks and unwanted thoughts 
    • Posted

Ya doctor extended me till the 14. I could only hope I’m mentelly and physically healthy enough to go back. I know we are headed in that direction. Just wish it was on our time. Glad you have more time too. 
    • Posted

Okay deep breath, hold in for 3 seconds, then exhale with pierced lips to make it slow.

You are worried about the med that is all. It is a safe medicine, and it wont even start to work straight away. I had exactly the same thing when I started an anti depressant. I had a panic attack and thought it was the medicine. Try and focus on things around you. Name them. Listen to them. You are going to be okay I promise x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.