5th week on Setraline and Anxiety and Panic Attacks still present

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I am in my fifth week on Setraline after been off antidepressents for 3 months and although the drug has lifted my mood a bit. My anxiety is very high and getting regular panic attacks.

I am taking 75mg pregabalin with this also at night

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you eating and drinking properly?

Sertraline isn't a cure for panic attacks it's a way of coping. You need to figure out your triggers and why it's happening.

• Posted

Yeah eathing and drinking ok, could be eathing more fruit and veg I suppose, Limited caffeine in take and very little alcohol.

Just in times of stress, It peaks, I have tried everything and nothing works long term.. its a reoccurent problem

• Posted

I'm on seterline  aswell n I'm now on 150g I don't think it does anything for me I been on it about 8week now :-( x
    • Posted

I know fingers crossed it will start working, was with my psychiatrist tomorning and she said in about another 3 weeks increase to 150mg and see from there. She said it usually takes effect in 3-4 weeks
  • Posted

Well to here this sucks.. I just took my first one today...50 mg...
    • Posted

We just have to perservere and she what happens, sometimes its a matter of trial and error, some work great and other dont sad
    • Posted

No medication is a cure for anxiety, you use medication in conjunction with mental therapy. Take up yoga mindfulness meditation, ask your GP about seeing a therapist
    • Posted

Think Of it like this, if you broke your leg you wouldn't use painkillers alone to rehabilitate your muscles. You'd do physiotherapy and use painkillers. Mental health is similar. You use medication to make it easier, but you will still need to work on your mental health. You need to learn to look at your thoughts differently.

There's a few good books out there, check your local library or see your GP.

GL elleBi.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.