5weeks 1day A&P

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi lady's 

I just thought I would give you an update, I am 5 weeks yesterday post op and have felt OK for the last 4 days, yesterday did three walks round the block by 6pm however I got up today did one walk and just feel so tired I have laid on the bed all day.

no real pain just very sleepy and genrally feel a bit emotinoly and physically out of it.

hopfully I will have more energey tomorrow.

i do hope the rest of you ladies are healing well.x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gillian

You probably feel so out of it because it's your body's way of telling you that you did to much yesterday.

Just take it easy and rest up.

Healing hugs and hope you feel better Tomorrow.xxx

• Posted

Topsi thank you for responding sometimes you just need reassurance.

happy healing x

• Posted

Don't worry it is just your body telling you to slow it down a little. Tomorrow (or indeed today) is another day.

I am now 6 weeks post op so a week ahead. I started walking when I was 4 1/2 weeks post op, just little bits at first and worked up. My legs were like jelly the following day for the first few days as they weren't used to it. Now I am trying to get out every day and walking for around 40 minutes gentle pace. Physically I am feeling much better now and mentally I think this is helping to.

Remember though everyone is individual as with anything so take it slowly and respond to your body and you will be fine and if you can't walk for one day as you are too tired it doesn't matter.

• Posted

Claire, thank you for the kind advice, I do feel a bit better today, I think I had just walked to much and potterd a bit to long, hope you are healing well x
  • Posted

Hi Gillian, 3 walks in one day, too much, I've been out this morning for about 10 minutes but found walking much easier, felt a difference yesterday, went to get my hair done which b was going to take a couple of hours and wasn't sure how I was going to be, it all went well and wasn't uncomfortable at all. Last couple of days has felt a bit easier. Fingers crossed we're on the mend.
    • Posted

Wow chic that is amazing I couldn't sit down for the bloody stiches a three week x

what operation did you have?

• Posted

Same as me, god people are so difrent on there recovery, at three week I felt like I had a hard lump at the back and was walking like a duck, the stiches were pricking me inside my Vagina so couldn't sit down for long periods no pain only discomfort and bloody wind pain, the stiches are starting to come away now so a lot easier to sit down.

i carnet waight to be back to normal xx

i am so pleased you are healing well xx👍

• Posted

Hope you are feeling much better today Gillian,

X☺

• Posted

Hi Phyl, I have more energy today love, i can also feel the back wall scaring somthing out as you said it would the bumpy bit is were I have been stitched at the entrance so more posative small walks I think and not overdo things

how are you ?

• Posted

Good to hear you feel better Gillian. I'm having one of those down days. Sometimes I think I want more from the repair than I can actually have. Maybe it's time to accept and act my age! Can't will away the effects of ageing and maybe will have to slow down and accept I will be limited from now on.

Look after yourself

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Phyl, you have been insparasinol for me, I am sorry you are having a bad day, the healing is very long and drawn out to say the least, you look after yourself feet up good book. Xx
  • Posted

Thank you Gillian for your positive encouragement and kind words!

X💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.