6 month consultation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone have just had my TKR 6 month consultation and am pleased to say have been discharged. My Consultant was very pleased with my bend and straightness of my knee and had an X-ray and everything was perfectly in place so I am thrilled. So thanks to everyone on the forum, your messages have been of great help and hope everybody does well for the future. Will keep in touch x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations Valerie! I'm hoping for a similar outcome. Look after yourself 😊

• Posted

Thanks, i still know if I have done too much, but can do more now than I could a couple of months ago. Up to November last year I was wishing I had never had the TKR, but it just seemed to slowly improve, especially sleeping at night without too much discomfort. Also I could walk further without it aching too much when I got back. My Consultant said it would improve with time and it did, but he did say it could take up to a year before you have total confidence in it. 
  • Posted

That is wonderful news! I hope I get there eventually!
    • Posted

Hi, I hope you get there as well, how far on are you. Believe me a couple of months ago I felt just the same, it is amazing how things change after a while. I couldn't hardly bend my knee not so long ago, but suddenly the pain and tightness seemed to improve, and also  I started sleeping better at night with less discomfort. So don't give up hope you will get there ! 

• Posted

I'm just past 3 months. Doing well according to my chiropractor but having an issue with the stairs as I have pain under the knee cap. Puts one off! If you are able to part with any information on what I should do to help I'd appreciate it. Thankyou

• Posted

I am 8 weeks today Valerie. I just started using a pool today and did some exercises in it. I was told that should help me a ton! I can't wait until I don't have night time pain.

• Posted

Congratulations!😁😊🎉🎉

Keep coming back! Having gone through it all, you are a great person to help others!

Be well!

Enjoy your successes!💗

• Posted

Well done Valerie, it must feel great to be finished now!

Keep up the good work & keep in touch.

All the very best

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.