6 months post gallblader surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, i am 30 male and had my gallblader removed November, last year. The surgery went well and my recovery is kinda good too for the past few months.

But strangely, i had a constant abdominal pain for 2 weeks now. Near my belly button and on my lower abdominal parts. Its seems like i cant take any fried foods at all for now since it will caused severe pain on lower abs. The pain will come if i lift heavy things too. So is this normal for post gallblader OP? Or should i visit my GP again?

Sorry english is not my first language.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You should not be eating anything fried.  No high fat foods.  Your body has changed and is still changing since it is no longer functioning with a gallbladder.  The pain could be because you are doing too much too soon.  Even though it has been more than six months since your surgery, your body is still healing.  However, just to be sure it not something else, go see your doctor.  I hope you continue to have a good recovery! 

• Posted

Thats what im thinking too. I can eat some fried foods in a moderate amount 2 months post gallblader surgery. I had diarrhea after having fatty foods but rarely any discomfort. Now , i will have to endure stomach discomfort for a few days after eating fatty foods.

Will check back with my GP and update it here. Tq

• Posted

I think you need to see a doctor as it may well be your appendix or even a hernia.
  • Posted

Hi

The reason why you are having pain when eating fatty  foods is because when you have your gall bladder taken out you don’t have the enzymes anymore that would break down fatty foods. You could try adding digestive enzymes to your diet, but you really should give up the fatty foods. The doctors should have told you that you can’t eat fried foods. 

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I think i have a digestive problem too. But what make me worried is, i can eat some fatty foods like 2 months after surgery but in a moderate amount. Now i cant take any since it will hurt my stomach. Sometime i feel burning sensation on my lower abdominal parts near my belly button. I had to go to toilet twice compared to before.

Anyway, im gonna see my GP again tomorrow. Will update here again later.

Thanks!

• Posted

I have gallstones ,not removed my gallbladder yet. But I get Severe bloat with whatever I eat. Last 4 months I have completely avoided eating fat /fried /oily foods. But still I suffer with bloating,burping and acid reflux. If after removing gb also, if it's the same..then the root cause is not gb might be something else...I also have gastritis, so not sure what is causing..so doctors want to remove gallbladder to see if gb is the root cause or not.so still in sidelines.

• Posted

I met my GP today and he said "maybe" i have a digestion problem so he gave me some digestive enzymes and i will have to do a follow up in 2 weeks. So for the first day and after my first capsules, everything looks better since i didnt eat any fatty foods. Not sure if i have to avoid it for the rest of my life..

• Posted

Yes i do have those symptoms sometime. Basically i dont have the gallstones pain anymore, just discomfort on my abs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.