Posted , 11 users are following.
I had my fourth post-TKR check up at the Orthopaedic Clinic yesterday. I had the operation in July, and have been stuck at 67 degrees flexsion for most of that time. For the first few months, I had intensive PT - but it had little effect. Then, more recently, it was suspected I had scar tissue - and would maybe need an operation to remove that. Yesterday, the surgeon suggested I may have an infection. I had X-Rays and blood tests yestereday, and am awaiting a bone scan. I understand that if an infection is confirmed, I will need the knee removed, followed by a period of treatment for 3-6 months, then another TKR. Not looking forward to this, just wondered if anyone else had undergone a similar procedure and, if so, what their experience was.
0 likes, 11 replies