6 week post op visit today

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have my 6 week post op visit with the surgeon today. I've had a pretty good recovery process so far. Very minimal pain since surgery. I did have some panic when I started having some pain last week after doing some cleaning while on my knee walker. Several of you reassured me that I probably just overdid and I appreciate that reassurance.  So TODAY I am hopeful that this hard cast will go away. Ready for my next "leg" (giggle) of the journey to recovery.(Also ready To do some exfoliating on this foot and shave my leg!) Many people have posted about having pain following surgery requiring pain meds and other difficultiesb .I've been very lucky that has not been my experience. Now I'm wondering ...Will I begin to have pain with the next phase. I'm ready to get to the work I need to do to get back to normal. However, I'm a little concerned about the limited recoveries I!ve read on some of the posts. Healing and recovery is so very individualized!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I haven't really had any pain yet. Just pins and needles and some tenderness when I fist ditched the crutches. No pain meds needed.. yet. Tomorrow I start pt so I'll let you know if that changes. But your healing sounds like mine so don't stress! Keep us updated how it goes.

• Posted

Wishing you luck I have my follow up next week. I am hoping you can exfoliate I know how badly that's on my list of things to do. Good luck and keep us posted on your recovery.

• Posted

I had very little pain, til I started weight bearing. Then, it was painful to walk, but not resting. I don't remember using meds too often, certainly not every day.

?Bon courage.

• Posted

I didn't have pain while casted, except if I didn't have my leg up on and off throughout the day. The pain starts back up with PT, because you need to stretch the tendons and ligaments back out. It is managable pain. I took a Motrin in the morning and evening for 2 months with food at that point. No pain now at 6 mos out, just some stiffness sometimes.

• Posted

Thats great i know you are happy its all over.how long was it before u started back walkin ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.