6 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on 10 mg for 6 weeks now. Had an amazing last week, felt like myself and got a lot done. Woke up this morning anxious and it's hard to describe but I call it brain stutter. And a headache That's better now, but keep getting cold sensations, and now anxiety. Hoping this passes soon, I was doing so good! It's discouraging. Noticed I'm back to overanalyzing every sensation today again. Pretty nervous as I have a work evaluation coming anytime this month. They can show up anytime and it determines if I can keep doing what I do or not. Stressful! I am a planner and hate unannounced evaluations.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mama. I've been on 20mg for 6 weeks . I think it's early days for both of us on these meds. I'm starting to feel better myself now but I still have iffy days. Don't be discouraged because it sounds like they're working for you. Good luck and stay strong. Paul.

• Posted

Hi Mama,

I’ve also been taking citalopram 10mg for 6 weeks now, it’s been really hard whilst the body gets used to the citalopram in the first 5 weeks. But like you, I’ve noticed days where I’ve felt wonderful this past week and stopped waking up to such horrible anxiety and the physical symptoms.

Just when I felt like my old self, it returned with a vengeance this morning and there’s been so much overanalysing and layering of anxious thoughts. Although I think this is normal and six weeks is still relatively early days, I’ve heard it can take up to 3-4 months to work. The fact the we’ve had some good days does suggest that it’s starting to work and we can expect days where we feel like we’ve taken a step back whilst our body get used to it. It’s so cruel when it feels like it’s working only to have a rubbish day afterwards!

I really emphathise with your situation, that sounds really unsettling at work, but I’m sure  you’re great at what you do smile  you can only do you best when the situation arises. 

All the best to you,

• Posted

Thanks. Yesterday got a little better, today my allergies have started to flair so i feel like I can't get a breathe (insert anxiety) and now starting an allergy med with my celexa makes me nervous too.

• Posted

Sandpiper i hope your day is going well. Ive having some more little anxious attacks today. Made myself go visit a friend with cancer last night in hospital. So glad i went, and my friend was doing well. But got home late so being a little extra tired doesnt help with anxiety either. Believing this will pass and i'll be able to enjoy the days ahead. Figure i am still doing more than i was 6 weeks ago. Thanks for listening and responding, helps to know other people have gone through this and were not alone.

• Posted

Hey Mama!

Sorry to hear your having anxious attacks, they are just the worst! But you did a great thing going to visit your friend who is battling cancer, I bet they loved having you there and it made a difference to their day.

Noticing that you’re able to do more now, even if it’s just something small is great! you should be proud of yourself. In time, I’m sure you will find yourself doing even more and you’ll be so used to this that the anxiety attacks will be a thing of the past. ‘This will pass’ is always a good thing to say to yourself - also anxiety is a liar and thrives on the things that scares us most. 

My day is going well so far, the anxiety always seems to be in the background which turns into depression but I remain hopeful that in a couple of months things will be so much better smile keep up the good work mama, you’re doing great! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.