6 weeks after opp things are going from bad to worse !!!ja

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello, I am going through this alone, is it just me ? I feel as if the world is ending, I don't feel like i can get close to anyone anymore, I feel as if I don't belong where I am and have debated a few times just walking out :-( I'm Ment to be getting married next year and I just don't want to ! I don't feel like anyone understands me and more and I'm ready to give up !

This opp so far seams like it's fixed one body part and broke another ... My brain !

Doc / gyne useless don't give me any advice just to wait until week 13 when my appointment is. I'm 6 weeks after opp now a front and back prolapes and I don't even no what I can and can't do ! I've lifted things like Coke bottles being the heaviest and felt fine and moved chairs in the garden and felt fine, bent and stretched but not lifted my 7 and 16 months babies yet or done school runs, don't no what's what and wishing I never got it done ;-(

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.  That would be really rough, with kids so young.  My youngest is a toddler and it is still tough.  If it is detailed information you want, I found this book helpful.

Pelvic Floor Recovery - Physiotherapy for Gynaecological Repair Surgery

by Sue Croft

i bought it as an Ebook and it wasn't very expensive. 10 USD on Amazon.  She talks a lot about what you can do when, including forever limits.  She talks about how maximum fibrosis occurs at 12 weeks and has information for just after surgery, up to 6 weeks, 7-12 weeks, and afterwards.  Clearly you shouldn't do anything that your doctor said not to do, but I found it to be both very encouraging and very cautious about protecting your repair.  I read it before my surgery and it made me feel both better about what I knew and frustrated about what I wasn't told.  Mostly better, though.

fwiw, no affiliation with the author.  I just stumbled across it and found it helpful.

• Posted

So sorry you are feeling this way Hun , just wanted to send you a big hug xxxxx
  • Posted

Hi patricia I to had a crap surgeon to who gave me no after care advice either. This page is fabulous for advice and reasurance and matron will be on at some point with some more fab advice . I'm nearly 4 weeks post opp and I Googled information cause I was feeling low and frustrated. Your not allowed to lift anything heavier than a kettle, no bending , rest lots and take it easy and don't over do it. I'm walking around now but still taking it slow. I haven't done the school run yet cause I don't feel ready for that yet. If your feeling so low and not yourself I would go and have a chat with your doctor and if you have small babies you may have a bit of post natal depression or a feeling of withdrawal cause you can't pick them up. I have days when I feel low because I can't do alot and even though I have a 4 & 6 year old I still feel like I'm neglecting them a bit cause I can't cuddle them as much as I would like and I can't do much for them. I hope you feel better soon sweetie and you get some help and reasurance big hugs.xxx
  • Posted

Hello Patricia. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Tell me honestly were you ok before the operation? I'm asking because it sounds as though you may have post natal depression. You've had 2 children and major surgery in a very short space of time. Make an appointment with your GP xx
    • Posted

Hello, I was feeling slightly down before the opp but only because the front and back prolapes were so bad and it got me down but only as it affected my confidence when getting close to my partner other than that I'm really happy before the opp, booked our wedding and we are both really looking foward to it, it's just since the opp I'm so down, it's mentally driving me Insain, at 6 weeks I don't even no what is to much, what's ok and I find myself worrying and in a panic xx
    • Posted

You've had a lot to contend with over the last couple of years, 2 children and major surgery. Hopefully as you recover over the next weeks your mood will lift but if it doesn't please speak to your doctor. There are a few reasons why you feel so low, anaemia comes to mind as well as under active thyroid which is often missed. A blood test would rule either of these out. I mentioned postnatal depression before and that is something to consider. I hope you are eating well and still getting as much rest as possible although I know it's not easy with young children. Keep in touch Patricia and we are all here to support one another xx
  • Posted

Don't worry too much Patricia...I felt like it was the end of the world although I only had an anterior op. I was crying and frustrated and wished I had never had it done! I am nearly 10 weeks post op and feel so much better...just got back from the docs and she told me everything looks fine down there so there is light at the end of the tunnel...See your doctor and tell her your worries...good luck xx
    • Posted

So pleased you have been given the all clear , it's a long road to recovery for the bits we don't know about and cant see etc , so always a relief when we have been checked over and told it's good x
  • Posted

Hi Patricia, I'm so sorry for you I understand you very well, after my anterior repair I was fine but 1month later I began to feel awful physically and very sad, I was crying all the time thinking that my prolapse had come back and when I came back to work it was worse I simply couldn't get up in the mornings, I have a very demanding job. I had to go to a psycologist who diagnosed depression. I was totally obsessed, and sure that the surgery had failed, looking at my vagina all the time looking for new prolapsed. But little by little I began to feel a bit better, and today 5 months post op I feel great, not perfect but i began to exercise, to have sex, I found this forum...I smile now! You must know that this surgery has a very slow recovery, but I promise you will feel much better. All the girls of this forum have had the same feelings as you. 😘
    • Posted

Hello, your post really made me smile as it's exactly how I feel as you did and now you say things are better :-)

I worry it's not worked and I will never be able to be active again, I get so tired like I was when I was pregnant, I'm starting a healthy diet again tomorrow hope if to lost a stone and half to be happy to try wedding dresses on and hope that focasing will help me xx

• Posted

http://www.csp.org.uk/sites/files/csp/secure/pogp-ffsurgery1.pdf     This link is to the leaflet produced by the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Women's Health.  This gives post surgery exercise guidelines, though a lot of it is for the early days after.  If the link doesn't work, it should be easy to google.  I'm in my 60s and had hysterectomy as well and at 12 weeks, though still tired, I feel fine and doing most normal things so it does get better.  And I was depressed for some time when unable to do much but it's fine now.  Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.