6 weeks ago Ihad an arthroscopy to remove and repair men...

Posted , 4 users are following.

6 weeks ago Ihad an arthroscopy to remove and repair meniscal tear and bone linning on my knee I still have a lot of pain and swelling and walking with quite a bad limp

[i:ae425b7796]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ae425b7796]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Is it better now?

[i:ebe6ea8be8]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ebe6ea8be8]

• Posted

My husband had meniscal trimming about the same time - seemed to be getting better, then a couple of days ago was experiencing terrific pain and knee was giving way. He is seeing GP on Thursday to see if he can find out what's causing it. A bit disappointing really as he was expecting the op to give him a bit of normality after the most painful six months with meniscal tear.
  • Posted

I'm awaiting an arthroscopy for torn meniscus and on the leaflet orthopaedic surgeon handed me it states that 1 in 40 who have it done lose complete use of the knee sad
  • Posted

Update: The Dr thinks the op has failed, so now has to wait to see ortho again - he's in loads of pain now. Have bought Tumeric and Hyaluronic Acid tabs in the hope that he will get a little relief from the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.