6 weeks in......

Posted , 7 users are following.

And feeling no better if anything im feeling worse. Im currently on 20mg of cit. 

i want to stop taking these tablets all together i dont want to take medication anymore this is my 3rd lot of antids n none seem to help. Im feeling pretty anxious low n suicidal right now

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of your trouble, how long have u been on citapolom bcoz it takes 3 weeks for them to work, have u tried cbt if not keep going to yo GP for help u will find the right medication if u persist, u have to be strong u are not the only one suffering, have a goodnight.
  • Posted

I was put n cit and they made me feel worse, I could not get up, so cried all day, felt sick and could not eat so stopped them against my doctors wishes, and forced myself to exercise each day and eat healthy and have councelling, still depressed and cry but the meds were not the way forward for me. GOod luck, go with what you feel, you know your self and body better than your doctor, I did not want to get to situation where I could not come off them. X

• Posted

Dear Anna

i am sorry to hear that things are really tough for you right now. I am glad that you have reached out to the forum and shared your feelings. Sometimes, the drug can make you feel more anxious before you start feeling a bit better. ..... Hang on in there and believe that things will get better for you.

Do you have a good friend or family member that you can confide in & keep you company? - if you are unable to talk to a friend this evening, perhaps you could give the Samaritans a call or call the SANE line (open to 11pm) Is there anything you feel might help you relax over the weekend? - perhaps reading a good book? Phoning a friend? Having a back massage? Listening to your favourite music?

do you keep a journal? - do you capture your thoughts& feelings daily?

I keep a journal and I like to capture 3 things every day that I am grateful for.....it can be anything from a neighbour being kind to meeting a cute dog. Can you take some time out to think about anything that has made you smile this week?

try to do something nice for yourself this weekend - go for a swim or pop down to the bakery and buy yourself a tasty Danish pastry or perhaps meet a friend in a coffee shop and order a hot chocolate with loads of yummy cream.......

you take care Anna - hope you can try & get some rest this evening - I'll send you another message tomorrow & you can tell me how you are doing

sleepy crow x

• Posted

Have you tried CBT?

well worth seeing your doctor about setting this up. You may be able to refer yourself via the MIND website.

CBT helps us to understand our thinking patterns and how it influences our behaviour.  

Sleepy crow x

• Posted

Hey sleepy I've been looking for you. How u doing? I've been on these pills about 5 weeks now & doing so much better. Even driving ,still makes me nervous but not freaking out. I think I'm finally getting back to "normal" . Anyway just checking on your status.
  • Posted

Hi Anna :-)

I'm so sorry you're feeling so very low, try to remember that whatever suicidal thought's your having you can and will eventually get through it, and as u know suicide is permanent,  I've felt how you've felt and if I'd been successfully I wouldn't be here today, and lie is so, so much better.

Maybe these meds aren't for you,  you need to go to your doctors and let him know how you're feeling especially that ur feeling suicidal,  I'm not sure if you live in the UK but ou can call the NHS line and get an appointment for a walk in visit with a GP at your local Hospital, yu can even go to the Emergency room and they can help, they helped me neaw two weeks ago now, I told them what mental health issues I was suffering from and he went through with me the main and best meds I could be on and said he would recommend for me to stay on Cit, but he also said Cit isn't for everyone,  that ppl with certain personality disorders they might not work for, it was really helpful to have a professional explain to me how and what different type of anit depressants there are out there.

Also you should really really try Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (cbt) it can really help your way of thinking and give you ideas you've never thought of to get you mind set out of the way your feeling

Please keep us posted on how you're doing, and this place can really help, most of us have gone and are going thought the same thing so it's safe here and you don't have to feel embarrassed,  we all go through this together and its a good place to come and release your feelings.

Lots f luck sweetie xxx and keep fighting x

• Posted

Hi Anna,

So sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Please go back to your GP and explain how you're feeling. These tablets caused an awful allergic reaction for me personally and the side effects were terrible. I have nothing good to say about them unfortunately but do appreciate they help a lot of people. There is mediation out there that will benefit you and will be the right one for you. Trust me. It is trial and error. It has been 3 months of hell for me personally whilst going on and now coming off citalopram and the last few days has been great and I'm feeling so much better. I know this can be the case for you too. So please, talk to someone, family, a good friend, get yourself a good counsellor that is the right one for you ( because it has taken me 4 goes and I've finally found the counsellor suited to me) and please speak to your GP. Life is hard but it doesn't have to be. There is always someone that can help you although it may not seem that way at times. I've been there before in disarray so I do understand. Good luck and take care if yourself. Push forward and get the help you need. You can do this. Life is too precious to give up x

• Posted

Thank you all for your kind replies

i do have alot of support at the moment from my husband and mum.

i also have to young children so am working closly with my health visitor

inknow suicide is not the answer n i would never do it as know how it affects people (i had my partner commit suicide) im just obsessing as to how i coukd do it etc even though i never would! I just want to be a happy mummy again which is what my children deserve. 

Im currently working with a mental health link worker who i tind a complete waste of space but my health visitor is trying to get me referred for counselling.

• Posted

Keep going then Anna. If the suicidal thoughts have come on recently, regardless of what anyone says, I can assure you they are the tablets so you'll need to slowly come off then with the support and right info from your dr. This is a side effect- it's written on the box and it is absolutely necessary to come off them. 

Regarding being the best mummy and person you can be- yes absolutely a priority and something we all want but please keep in mind we are only human and sometimes as mums and I think just women in general, we expect way too much of ourselves too often. Trying to be the best friend, the best wife, the best mum etc etc. be kind to yourself and take every day as it comes. Try and live it that moment and savour the simple things. A hug from your hubby, kisses and laughter with your children. Get the help you need and don't give up. You can and you will get through this rough time and one day you'll look back and look at this as a thing of the past. Trust me x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.