6 weeks post up check up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies, I just wanted to share some good news! I had my check up today at 6 weeks post op rectocele and anterior. My consultant was delighted with her handiwork, said it had all gone very well and that at 45 after two pregnancies I now have the vagina of a 20 year old! I was both amazed and delighted. I am still feeling exhausted every day and hardly do a thing. I also still feel swollen. She said both of these are completely normal after a major op. She also said to keep taking it easy and listen to your body and rest when not feeling so good. She also encouraged me to get out and be active within my capabilities. That's it really. I just wanted to let you know that even if you feel rubbish chances are it's probably all going to be ok, but take it easy and remember it's a marathon not a sprint! X

6 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's really good news and sounds like you have a very sensible consultant! Do you think it made/makes a difference because she is female? Just a thought i was wondering about!

• Posted

It was chance that I got her but I think it must be a lot easier talking to another woman who has had children and really understands from a personal viewpoint everything you say. I think it's also less embarrassing to go into detail about how you feel and perhaps be emotional without feeling like you are being a woman whi just can't cope! She was just very practical and understanding about it all.

• Posted

Great to hear that you are doing so well. My consultant is male and reading your post sounds almost identical to what he told me. Lets finish this marathon all in good health x
    • Posted

Great you are doing well too. It's just such an uncomfortable and long process. We will get there. Great to get reassurance as I was sure it must have all gone wrong because I felt so bad! I think most of us probably feel that way.

• Posted

Congratulations on your successful outcome, can I ask ladies were you examined at your post op check
    • Posted

Thanks and yes I had an examination. First with fingers with me pushing down hard and then through speculum. All a bit sensitive but fine and reassuring!
    • Posted

Thanks jobobo had mine yesterday but didn't examine me

• Posted

That seems strange? Have you been examined before? How else could they tell how it went?
    • Posted

Nope I'm 10 weeks post op that was my follow up and they'll see me again in 6 months re further surgery, seems strange to me too

• Posted

Maybe you didn't have the same thing as me and I guess all surgeons do things differently. That was my 6 week check and I am now dismissed! Am quite happy as she said it was good but I was surprised there was no further visit. Not sure why they see you if not examine you?

• Posted

I had an exam on 4 weeks post op with my urogynecologist, was only with fingers, pretty rough, but not painful,I was terrified. Have another check up next tuesday but this time with my gynecologist.
    • Posted

Good luck, hopefully they will be more gentle.
  • Posted

Congratulations sounds like your on the mend! Where di d you have surgery ate you uk ? X
    • Posted

Hi, yes I'm in the UK, I think I was very lucky, I had it at a Private hospital but through the NHS. X

• Posted

Where in the uk are you if you don't mind me asking and wh was your surgeon x

• Posted

Hi I live in Cheshire and my surgeon was Miss Williams. I could not recommend her enough.
    • Posted

Hi I live in wales, sorry can't remember my surgeon s name , my first consultant was off sick, then I was transferred to someone else, cancelled on day of surgery then rescheduled and put under a different surgeon, she did tell me her name but I forgot it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.